:love:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Never heard of them but they look like exactly what I would think a high end appearing build house speaker would look like.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Checked out their website. Some really cool stuff but I think there is some marketing wank going on like "Dust filter to linearize the impedance peak and making the impedance module more linear and homogeneous for passive crossover and amplifier advantage" for the 9000 series tweeter and " cellulose pulp nanocrystals " for the 10000 series mid woofers.

If I remember correctly ESB made the old zapco component speakers that where highly regarded back in the day.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost HPP
1,207 Posts
The owner of Zapco based in Italy owns ESB as well. From what I understand they are distributed by the same company, Audio Intensity, here in the USA.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Not to rain on the parade here, but they also had a 9000 series on their website that never became available (to my knowledge). Without question, these are beautiful drivers which hopefully come to fruition.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 9000 series is also back on their site.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

·
Registered
188 Posts
They lost me at "dampen rear acoustic waves."

Though widely used as a misnomer, dampening refers to getting something wet. You cannot "dampen" things without moisture; you "DAMP" them.

You DAMP vibrations with dynamat, etc. You DAMP road imperfections with DAMPERS (Shock absorbers).

You DAMPEN your shirt when you play basketball in 88-degree weather...

Also, superlatives like, "a wider range and better dispersion than any other tweeter available today" throw up red flags.

I promise, I can rifle through Parts Express and find a tweeter of at least equal, if not superior bandwidth and performance.

Add some lovely dimples to the tweeter baffle, a dainty grill that protects NOTHING, and some gorgeous magnet covers and baskets, and you have the recipe for a fine, fine set of highly overpriced speakers.

ESB isn't a bad speaker. But spare me the marketing "toro caca."

·
Registered
338 Posts
Heard the ESB/Zapco reps car back in 94ish. Had an 18 ib in the rear, an 8 in the glovebox & I think another buried in the dash on the drivers side as well as a 5.25” component set with Zapco amps, studio series I believe.

Sounded good but didn’t “wow” me. I think there’s an extra level of performance I expect when listening to $$$ setups.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
The Diecimilia (10,000) speakers will be available in US by mid July.
Retail is 12k for the 3 way set.

My wife's competition vehicle has the 8000 tweeters and ESB BMW8s and 4s.
May upgrade 4s to the 9000

Reactions: Old'sCool

·
Registered
188 Posts
RMenergy:

Jay Lovelace's Mustang fastback was a pretty amazing SQ vehicle back in my time. I spent YEARS getting sound that could best it.

I never made the centerfold of " Car Audio " magazine though, and he did. Unltd resources.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Diecimilia (10,000) speakers will be available in US by mid July.
Retail is 12k for the 3 way set.

My wife's competition vehicle has the 8000 tweeters and ESB BMW8s and 4s.
May upgrade 4s to the 9000
That's a pretty ringing endorsement, considering your track record in competition.

That said, for $12k, I will build my own set up at Creative Acoustics in Raleigh, and have 8k remaining for amps and exotic materials. Lol

Or, I'll rip apart a set of my Sonus Fabers and rebuild my doors to the exact volume of the Sonus' enclosures. (Don't tell SF! They'd send me a rotten email...lol.)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
ESB has nice products, but for that amount of money I would definitelly pass this deal....... I would rather go with ZR Labs and BRAX MX2+MX4 amplification.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I already have my system plans locked so will wait for some used ones to pop up eventually to see if the prices come within reason. Still, nice effort on product design and I look forward to some reviews.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts