DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Have run into this issues with the newer Cadillac Escalades that have Bose and the multi-microphone noise cancellation system, they generate interferance when taping the factory subwoofer for lowpass signal to feed a new amp and sub add on.

I have have had to manually unplug / cut the mics to stop the sometime erratic behavior of the new sub, but I am looking for other alternatives that are easier and less permanent.

Ideas?????

Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Honestly that's the only way I've gotten them to work properly as well. Haven't had any issues when going that route though. A customer looking to keep the mic intact in the setup?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wundered if a easier solution was out there.. unplug a connector from black box x2 under dash etc.....

Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Where is the mic that you disconnect? I'm working on one right now and I'm having the same problem. I don't know what to disconnect to get it to work right though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I found them...

In case anyone needs to know this in the future;

They are in the head liner. All the noise cancelling mics have a blue dot on them when you pop the small grill off of them. They are held on by hot glue so be careful not to pull them loose, if you do it will be more difficult to pop the grills back on them.

One mic is on the driver's side front, one passenger's side front, and one passenger's side rear.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are thin wires at the amp in the center console under the cupholde/storage bin that can be cut.

I have a pic on my phone that will get uploaded. MUCH faster than getting into the headliner.

:)
thanks to all for their input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doing an install with JL stealth box and JL HD750/1 and curious if anyone has more pictures or what microphones actually cause the reverberation of the aftermarket sub? I heard if you unplug the rear passenger mic this fixes the issue? Or do you need to do all mics? Well shout back if anyone has any input, once I figure this out ill post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
I have an Audi S6 with the Bose factory system and it has the AudioPilot noise cancelling mics.

In the MMI there is a control setting to make the AudioPilot Inactive. Does the Escalade has the same setting? Would disabling the AudioPilot in the computer be sufficient to cure this issue, or must the microphones be fully disconnected?

In the Audi, the AudioPilot mics connect directly to the Bose amplifier. The wires could easily be cut at that location to disconnect the mics. That would be easier than taking down the headliner to get all 4 mics that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a 2012 Escalade and i'm having the feedback issues. Could someone post a picture of the wire in the center console under the cup holders I need to cut or is cutting the mics the best option?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey

I suggest just cutting the mic in the roof in rear passenger pull it Down and cut problem solved I left the cargo mic and drivers mic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome! Thanks I'll give it a try tomorrow. Will the mic just pop out or do I have to go through taking the headliner out? Thanks again for responding!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No need to do anything but pull the mic out if I recall I think I took out the dome light and accesses back of mic from there too cause I think the grill actually comes off the mic it self but It will pull out but do it slow and gentle cause the roof liner is brittle and soft, taking care will ensure it stays up when putting it back.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Turns out that the Active Noise Cancellation in my Audi S6 does not affect my BitOne at all. The BitOne is connected to the Bose amplifier with high level inputs.

I have heard that the Escalade mics need to be disconnected, however.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
My first suggestion to everyone with a modern German car is to get the MoBridge DA1 preamp.
I just installed one in my car and it is working flawlessly so far.

The DA1 intercepts the MOST optical digital signal before it reaches the OEM amplifier. It also bypasses the ANC because the mics for the noise cancellation all connect to the OEM amp.

It then outputs an optical digital output which can drive a DSP or an amplifier.

Installation is simple. Just run power, ground and remote turn on. Then disconnect the MOST cable harness from the OEM amp and plug it directly into the MoBridge. That's all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wundered if a easier solution was out there.. unplug a connector from black box x2 under dash etc.....

Thanks
There is a plug on the Bose Amp under the center console that is dedicated to the Automatic Noise Reduction circuit. All you have to do is unplug it and the problem is solved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2010 Escalade with the Bose system. I'm thinking I have the issue as some of you. Installed a single 12" sub with mono 500w amp. I can turn the radio off and still get erratic sound from the sub.

I pulled the grille off the 2nd row passenger mic but the speaker wasn't glued to the headliner. Not wanting to cut the wire yet as when I do the mic will be free in the headliner and don't want that loose in there.

I pulled the dome cargo light out and can access the cargo mic from the back. But no way my arm will reach the 2nd row passenger mic. There seems to be a good set of wires going into the cargo mic. I'm wondering if I clip it, will it also disable the 2nd row passenger mic.

Lastly.... Any ideas on how to put grille back on a loose mic?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unoigo - There's no need to clip wires or remove mics. Simply remove the plug for the Automatic Noise Reduction circuit at the Bose Amp under the center console. Looks like you don't live to far from me. If needed we can connect and I'll show you what to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unoigo - There's no need to clip wires or remove mics. Simply remove the plug for the Automatic Noise Reduction circuit at the Bose Amp under the center console. Looks like you don't live to far from me. If needed we can connect and I'll show you what to do. Good luck.
Hey brother..... Thanks for the response. I ended up cutting the wire on the mic located above 2nd row passenger. That's the only one and it fixed the issue. All mics must be wired inline. Just hate cutting wires on a $50k luxury SUV, lol. Wish I would have saw your post first. I did cut it so that it could be reattached though so all good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts