DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A while back I was going to throw these together quick for a "customer" but they opted for a different setup after I already fronted for the parts. I don't intend to use these for myself and I'd like to recoup at least some of what I dished out for this kit so here it is, considerably reduced. Everything is sourced from Madisound and the component cost is over $700. All brand new, still in the packaging. Nothing will be separated, I would prefer to sell it as a kit or not at all because the crossover is designed for these drivers specifically and I have no use for any of it individually.

Kit will include:

Pair of Eton 25SD-1 1" Domes
Eton 25SD-1, 1" Soft Dome Tweeter from Madisound

Pair of Eton 7-360 7" Midbass
Eton 7-360 7" HEXACone Bass/Midrange from Madisound

Pair of complete crossovers including the use of Mundorf Supreme Silver/Oil capacitors in the tweeter path. These caps alone are over $160 for the pair and worth every penny.
Mundorf 4.7 mfd Silver-Oil Caps from Madisound

This kit has since been replaced with a new offering (as seen in the link below) but embodies the same level of performance. I'm sure many of you here are familiar with Eton products.
Eton S7, Symphony 7” 2-Way Kit from Madisound

Looking for $500 plus shipping. No trades please. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Sorry to hear that you got left high and dry Shane. Bump for a good guy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that you got left high and dry Shane. Bump for a good guy.
Thanks Zac, it all worked out as far as the job was concerned. He just went with Accuton drivers instead. He wasn't aware that I had already purchased the drivers by the time he'd had a change of heart. I kept them around thinking I might use them but I don't believe I will.

Anyhow, bump for pics. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, tough crowd. Is this a references thing, or what? I can provide those if necessary.

I know it's not because you guys are afraid to use 8ohm drivers in your vehicles. :p

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I believe the problem may be that most who use similar high end DIY drivers in car audio prefer to run active. So few are willing to pay premium for the crossovers.

Might I suggest DIYAudio or Audiogon as an alternative. Those forum audiences may be more receptive to the set with the crossovers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe the problem may be that most who use similar high end DIY drivers in car audio prefer to run active. So few are willing to pay premium for the crossovers.

Might I suggest DIYAudio or Audiogon as an alternative. Those forum audiences may be more receptive to the set with the crossovers.
I agree, and thank you for your input. I run active setups in my vehicles as well.

I was rather hoping someone might actually build the kit for home use but I may have been reaching a bit.

Thank you kindly.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Shane
There is no way it's about REFs. You are as solid a person I have ever dealt with. If my dog had not just blown out his knee we would be doing business again. Too many projects and not enough time.... and now money.... poor dog!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shane
There is no way it's about REFs. You are as solid a person I have ever dealt with. If my dog had not just blown out his knee we would be doing business again. Too many projects and not enough time.... and now money.... poor dog!
Much appreciated Zac, but you already paid me the highest compliment by being a return customer. In addition, I seem to remember you taking very good care of me on our deal as well. ;)

Sorry about your pooch, very good of you to fix him up. Imagine you guys must be pretty good friends.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I love me some Eton's, wish I had the money for them but good luck with sale.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts