DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s the just of it. I’m building a small 1000w 2-12 basic 1 mwspl car. Sundown recommends 1.75cu.ft. Per sub with 28 sq. In. Of port area tuned to 32hz. I’m guessing these are specs for general listening and sq. As far as spl is concerned, how big is too big for these subs? I was thinking I can safely go to about 2.25 cu.ft. As long as my port area was good. The tuning would be around 45 hz. Any suggestions or experience with these subs would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Here’s the just of it. I’m building a small 1000w 2-12 basic 1 mwspl car. Sundown recommends 1.75cu.ft. Per sub with 28 sq. In. Of port area tuned to 32hz. I’m guessing these are specs for general listening and sq. As far as spl is concerned, how big is too big for these subs? I was thinking I can safely go to about 2.25 cu.ft. As long as my port area was good. The tuning would be around 45 hz. Any suggestions or experience with these subs would be appreciated. Thanks
Model it in Winisd. A bigger box will give you better lows but excursion comes into play. 45hz is REALLY high for a ported box. You'll be losing a lot of music info and i'd really only recommend a tune that high if your cabin freq is close to that and you're going for pure spl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tuning to. Will peak somewhere around 55-60hz. The port area spec (port velocity control) remaining the same as recommended should control sub movement. A little more excursion from larger box volume will actually benefit given I’m not feeding a lot of power to them. Clamp max for the class I’m setting up for will only be 500w a piece. (Rms for these subs) this particular build is strictly for spl, I’ve got another box for daily listening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts