DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have posted, I own a 95 mustang GT and decided recently I wanted to do a nice system in it that was geared toward SQ/L. Now I am in the building stages as we speak so nothings bought other than the amps.

I have decided I am going to run 2 8" SA-8s in the trunk each in their own ported enclosure (been reading and it looks as though .75 is kind of a key enclosure volume but correct me if Im wrong) which each sub will be inverted mounted into. Ran off my Power 500a2 (D4 coils will give me ample power to the subs)

Now for my mids and highs Im still on the fence. Im trying to keep the cost to a minumum but still obtain quality products. I am running a Punch 400a4 for them. I have thought about a 3 way system using a seperate smaller 2 channel amp for the midbasses and using the 4 channel for the components.

I have been out of the game for quite some time so all help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I have been told that three ways are really hard to tune. Any reason for not going two way in the front?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
bong bong bong (sorry couldnt resist, that was my chime :D)

I am not against a 4-way system, but I have found that most 3-way sound just as good :p

to answer your question, I would go with seperate channels for each driver, easier to adjust and control and if you add a DSP later on, then T/A is easier.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Then get a high quality 6.5 or 8"up front. Will have plenty of mid bass

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what Im trying to figure out. I was gonna go either 4" midrange or 5.25" midrange and 6.5 midbass with a set of tweeters and run everything off its own dedicated channel maybe even run an active x over.

Im thinking now I may just run a 6.5 component set in the front and a set of coaxials in the rear.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Don't bother with rears, you won't miss them. If you must don't get coax. 6.5 midbass lpf @ 500hz

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts