DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Driver Info:

DIYCable.com : Intro » Home » Exodus Anarchy »

Full report is attached via PDF. Please download this file to view all data. Sample data is given below.

Displacement Limits:
X Bl @ Bl min=82% 7.7 mm
X C @ C min=75% 9.2 mm
X L @ Z max=10 % 10.0 mm
X d @ d2=10% 26.1 mm

Sample T/S Parameters:
  • Re = 6.4279 ohms
  • Fs = 46.9149 Hz
  • Zmax = 98.9510 ohms
  • Qes = 0.4578
  • Qms = 6.5898
  • Qts = 0.4281
  • Le = 0.7737 mH (at 1 kHz)
  • Diam = 133.3500 mm ( 5.2500 in )
  • Sd =13966.1245 mm^2( 21.6475 in^2)
  • Vas = 10.6453 L ( 0.3759 ft^3)
  • BL = 11.1346 N/A
  • Mms = 29.9557 g
  • Cms = 384.1842 uM/N
  • Kms = 2602.9180 N/M
  • Rms = 1.3400 R mechanical
  • Efficiency = 0.2256 %
  • Sensitivity= 85.5515 dB @1W/1m
  • Sensitivity= 86.5017 dB @2.83Vrms/1m

Sample Data:

Driver Picture:

Attachments

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW, the pre-production driver was tested in the March 2010 edition of Voice Coil Mag. The publushed displacements limits were:
Voice Coil Mag said:
Displacement limiting numbers calculated by the Klippel analyzer
for the W06017R were XBl at 82%, Bl = 8.5mm, and for
XC at 75%, Cms minimum was 10mm, which means that the
Bl is the most limiting factor at the prescribed distortion level
of 10%.

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I would like to say thanks for everything and your contribution to DIYMA... Been reading all your "started thread", this past week, that talked about sound reproduction, RTA understanding and reading, Klippel and Data understanding, Out-of-the-box ideas (and disillusions ;)), tuning tips and so on...

Really glad you're a Mod here.

Thanks for everything,
Kelvin

·
Premium Member
11,394 Posts
BL looks the way it does due to the split gap of the XBL motor and some coil offset either from a physical offset of the coil or winding length.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Highest excursion 7" we have on the site! And I got a pair!

Erin you really think people will sell you their Anarchys after seeing these results? :p

Are you going to post up some results on the Illuminator someday?

How about SE HD plots of both as a duel?

This makes me really want to see the SLS Klippel. It seems like the motor strength is closer than I thought. Can that SLS suspension hang with this one? Whoever made the suspension on this beast knew what they were doing, what a beauty.

Edit: I just saw QTS over X, that is just outstanding!

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
George, I might test my scans sometime soon. Just have to find the time to remove them from the car and get them running. Vance's tests show about 2mm more linear stroke than the Anarchy's, IIRC. That's pretty dang beastly.

FWIW, these fit the same OD as scan rev/illuminators almost to a 'T'.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
George, I might test my scans sometime soon. Just have to find the time to remove them from the car and get them running. Vance's tests show about 2mm more linear stroke than the Anarchy's, IIRC. That's pretty dang beastly.

FWIW, these fit the same OD as scan rev/illuminators almost to a 'T'.

Wish I was able to let you play with a pair, I would love to give you a reason to pull the Scans out to test, as well as hear your comparison between the two. A bit surprised the scan tests with more throw than these...

Where are you crossing at between midbass/mid? I would look it up in your build thread, but this is bound to be a lot faster...:eek:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Pretty impressive symmetry in both motor force and suspension. I'm glad the test results back this driver up. I suppose I was hoping for a few more mm of Xmax by the spec, but it's still very impressive as tested.

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wish I was able to let you play with a pair, I would love to give you a reason to pull the Scans out to test, as well as hear your comparison between the two. A bit surprised the scan tests with more throw than these...

Where are you crossing at between midbass/mid? I would look it up in your build thread, but this is bound to be a lot faster...:eek:
Just to clarify, the scans we're talking about are the 18wu illuminators.

My scans have no HPF on them. Haven't since the day they went in. They are absolute beasts.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Just to clarify, the scans we're talking about are the 18wu illuminators.

My scans have no HPF on them. Haven't since the day they went in. They are absolute beasts.
Ooh, I would love to see those tested. I've been recommending Illuminators due to their ability to handle higher outputs than the Revs. Zaph recommends the Illums for the same reason when high output levels are desired. He's got test data for that driver on his site, but he doesn't test (or doesn't give us test data for) everything that this site does. But, still, distortion looks good. As it'd better for the price :laugh:

Those are my ideal drivers if I had the money and the depth available. Unfortunately I have neither.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts