DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No help from Zapco:(
They really need to get there **** in one sock.
I dug this up http://autosound21.co.kr/shop/board_data/automanual/symbilinkmanual.pdf but it really does not explain me into it.

Anyway i have been collecting Zapco Reference amps.
Going to run three of them.

Trying to figure out the various Symblink products.
I do not need anything fancy or expensive. Just want to get from head unit to amp. Would actually prefer to run RCA to Amp area then Symbilink to amps.

Which of these will get me hooked up to amps and how many do i need?
SLB-R
SLB-R4
SLB-TP4
SLB-U
SLDIN.T
SLDIN-TF
Something else?
Just forget it and run RCA cables to Amps?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have 2 SLB-T Line Transmitters.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What type of output do you have from your head unit (RCA, speaker level, etc.)?

One of the 'major' advantages of using balanced transmission lines is this technology's ability to reject (actually remove) common-mode noise (noise picked up on each leg of transmission conductor equally). You will defeat this purpose if your RCA length is longer than your Symbilink length.

Another perceived advantage is that frequently, amplifiers will allow a larger input voltage from a balanced input as opposed to the RCA input on the same amp.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What type of output do you have from your head unit (RCA, speaker level, etc.)?

One of the 'major' advantages of using balanced transmission lines is this technology's ability to reject (actually remove) common-mode noise (noise picked up on each leg of transmission conductor equally). You will defeat this purpose if your RCA length is longer than your Symbilink length.

Another perceived advantage is that frequently, amplifiers will allow a larger input voltage from a balanced input as opposed to the RCA input on the same amp.
Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

Preamp RCA Outputs 3 Pairs (Front, Rear, and Subwoofer)
Sub Preamp RCA Output Yes
(they claim) Preamp Voltage 4 volts (Have not tested it)
Built-In Equalizer 8-Band parametric equalizer with 7 preset tone curves

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So to run three Amps off this head unit i need.
Three - SLDIN.T-F - Zapco Adjustable Symbilink Transmitter

Three - SLDIN.?? - Zapco Din Cable

The transmitters go in dash behind the head unit.
Then run there cables to amps.

Correct?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sounds about right. I'm about to do a Zapco install too. Will be using the transmitters and the din cables. The transmitters are kinda pricey though if they didn't already come with the amps. They add up in price real quick. Some guys on this forum have cables for sale and you can go on ebay, look for username pkjornay, the more you buy the cheaper he makes it. Hope that helps a little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts