DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I think in your case, I would rather have a wide band driver in the dash, to get the most vocal range range higher up. So a lower midbass, extended top end driver since they will be separated by a decent distance.

I have a similar situation. I'm going to be running DLS 8's in the door and the other driver/drivers in the dash. My plan is to keep the crossover point as low as possible for the 8's, like around 250hz or so and run from there on up in the dash. I haven't selected a driver yet, but I'm looking at various wide band/full range drivers that could work.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Well maybe it's just opinions, but I'd rather keep the vocals and highs up on the dash rather than down low in the doors given the choice. And it seems that you have that choice.

Now, I'm talking about the difference between using a midbass and a wide band/fullrange vs a conventional mid and tweeter. Obviously you can not cross a tweeter very low, so this is really driver dependent.

It looks like you haven't bought a set yet, so you have the choice. If you had a conventional mid and tweeter, I'd say cross high, but you were talking about two different setups, and I maintain the midbass/wideband setup is better in an install that requires the mid to be down low, and the highs on the dash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.