DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
When installed my subs this happened to me and I had to apply sound deadener to the top and bottom of the rear deck. There were two 'gizmos' I had to remount, they were mounted to these thin brackets that reverberated, so I instead mounted them with camper mounting tape (this foam tape). I also took care of about 20 different clips that held wires and such across the rear deck. This took hours. There was a hollow supporting member in the middle of the rear deck underneath it and I filled this with expanding foam spray. I also sprayed certain other hollow spots that I determined nothing clipped into and didn't interfere with lamps or anything.

Lastly I took note of any songs that gave me rattles after that. I play the song in the garage so I can sit in the back seat and test where the rattle comes from. My last one came from the roof trim rattling against the back window but it would only happen on one song. I stuffed the small tubular foam into the gap and solved that one.

Oh yeah, I removed the middle seat belt. My car seats 4 now.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
When installed my subs this happened to me and I had to apply sound deadener to the top and bottom of the rear deck. There were two 'gizmos' I had to remount, they were mounted to these thin brackets that reverberated, so I instead mounted them with camper mounting tape (this foam tape). I also took care of about 20 different clips that held wires and such across the rear deck. This took hours. There was a hollow supporting member in the middle of the rear deck underneath it and I filled this with expanding foam spray. I also sprayed certain other hollow spots that I determined nothing clipped into and didn't interfere with lamps or anything.

Lastly I took note of any songs that gave me rattles after that. I play the song in the garage so I can sit in the back seat and test where the rattle comes from. My last one came from the roof trim rattling against the back window but it would only happen on one song. I stuffed the small tubular foam into the gap and solved that one.

Oh yeah, I removed the middle seat belt. My car seats 4 now.
holy crap. we got to do all that to resolve rattling LOL

sounds to me like it's much easier to put a sound system in a damn SUV

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Kuntz

This here is what I am talking about.
(There is no other viable way to find them without paws to plastic, that one can do in a reasonable amount of time)

... I play the song in the garage so I can sit in the back seat and test where the rattle comes from. ...
And yeah, you will look like a mad faith healer doing it...
Which is why people close the garage door.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts