DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WILL separate if I find buyers for the mids and midbasses. I am not even going to try and describe these incredible speakers because it will either fall on deaf ears or you already know about them.

Press fit grills, magnet boots all included and all brand new still in plastic.

$550

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These also are slightly superior to those since they are 4ohm and come with the quality grills and magnet boots. Just a little better for the car I guess. Plus Eton no longer offers the 4" midrange at any price which is the bread and butter of the set ;)

IMO, it can outperform the touted Hybrid L3 or L4 AND the Scan 12m by leaps.

Any way you slice it, it would cost quite a bit more to build an Eton 3-way ;)

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Just for grins, can you shoot me the dimensions for the 4" mids? I want to see if they'll fit my existing pods. If they do I might just take those and the tweeters. ;)

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
I don't know yet, they only shipped out yesterday. They should be here Monday. Not that the rest of my install is done yet anyway. lol But thinking back to my retail days selling them I don't think I'll be disappointed. I had the 6-4-1 (soft dome) in my MkIII Jetta and it was gravy.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I honestly think Paul's new 8-4-1 set we put together will be the cats meow. The 7" woofer is so capable that I like it for a 2-way, but the 8 is definitely a 3-way beast IME.

The 7" woofer has midbass output that has only been beaten by 1 speaker I have owned (My illuminator 18w's) AND can play cleanly past 5k. It is insane.

Joey

1 - 17 of 17 Posts