DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
almost mirror some of your past test right :)

wish they had done more on the vifa pl and ml drivers
man I think I may have to break down and buy those w12 5"

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hmm, the Dayton RS series really faired good all around. And he touts it as the best for the price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
AzGrower said:
Hmm, the Dayton RS series really faired good all around. And he touts it as the best for the price.
They released late into the market with some nice tech in there... I'm surprised he picks that over the w18

I'm surprised that the Scans are measuring so well; I always thought the Seas would beat them out. Perhaps I've been ignoring the 2 SS models he measured to have lower distortion...

I was planning on some w15 midranges; I hope some test doesn't reveal that some SS is a bit lower distortion, or that the dayton does the same damned thing for less...that'd suck

heh...shows that we should test all the damned drivers

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mark's tests, for the most part, are always top notch. IIRC, (<---don't forget that part) I think that test was with a preproduction version of the RS driver. I could be mistaken though...

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Well I was pretty stuck on the Seas CA18, but the Dayton RS 7" looks better and better every day, especially when its 30% cheaper priced too. I also like the look of the Dayton ES series 7", the one with the paper cone. Chit, I can almost order both the RS and ES drivers for the same price as the Seas ones.... :wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
300Z said:
Archmage said:
or that the dayton does the same damned thing for less...that'd suck
Why? Isnt that what we always wanted?
Hmm...fine...using logic now are we?

It'd just suck if you had already purchased the more expensive drivers, and then saw test results...well even then you wouldn't take much of a loss and you get to try 2 sets instead of 1.

We should get some test results on the smaller pure mids (w15 size or so); put them in a more thorough comparison than we currently have access to.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Archmage said:
300Z said:
Archmage said:
or that the dayton does the same damned thing for less...that'd suck
Why? Isnt that what we always wanted?
Hmm...fine...using logic now are we?

It'd just suck if you had already purchased the more expensive drivers, and then saw test results...well even then you wouldn't take much of a loss and you get to try 2 sets instead of 1.

We should get some test results on the smaller pure mids (w15 size or so); put them in a more thorough comparison than we currently have access to.
Careful what you wish for... it may come true :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
ws6 beat said:
I heard npdang say something about peerless dhc drivers i would like to see a review on those compared to the others
DHC? i never heard of that line... or you meant HDS?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts