DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a bunch of reading on here and looking at all of the build pics, I was inspired to do a little more custom work for an install than I normally do.

Here are some pics of my first ever custom a-pillar install. I had a friend help me with the fiberglass work, but I took care of wrapping them myself. I think they came out awesome, and I can't wait to get them fired up! Will be holding some DLS reference series tweeters. No pics of the subs nor amp rack yet, it's almost finished.

Doors are deadened with SS Damplifier, awaiting the arrival of some Mach5 MLI-65 woofers.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few more pics from the build... Sorry for the quality, they're from my cell phone. The amp on top is a Sundown SAX 100.4 with a Zapco Ref 750.2 underneath. My brother's letting me borrow the Zapco for now, so it will be replaced with a Sundown 1500D in the future.

Just need to finish cleaning up the wiring by the amps a little more, and build some brackets to lift the rear seat so it fits back in.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice build up Man! Those DLS Tweets look very good! How is the imaging with them mounted forward like that?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I'm waiting for some new woofers to arrive before I do any real tuning to the system so I'll post up when I get that done some more. So far it sounds really sweet with minimal tuning and only one woofer on the passenger side, so that pulls the sound all the way to the right for now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just went active with my 8443 last night, and I did not expect such a huge difference! I'm really amazed with running active. Only spent about an hour working out some slopes and crossover points with a variety of music, no TA at all yet. Just wow, I'm really impressed!

The tweeters sound really good mounted up on the a-pillars, my sound stage is above my dash and a few inches forward. The first time I've been able to close my eyes and figure out where the singer/instruments are coming from, really cool. :happy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts