DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Look, jettison the rear speakers, they are a Commie threat against our North American way of life, and use the money to get better fronts.

Do NOT use the bass boost. The bass in the HB will rip your freakin' head off like the cockroaches in Ghostbusters.

Do not worry about the power ratings of your speakers. They have nothing to do with the SQ. Bigger problem in that car is doing some custom workk to get the back of the door panel to seal up against the front of the speaker/ring assembly to mimic the OEM speaker fitment and get killer midbass up front.

We did one of those with DLS UP6 on the customer's xtant 3150 and the fronts were impressive with all the work we did on the midbass fitting. If you look closely at how the OEM door panels snug up to the foam tape gasket on the speaks, you should get some ideas which will guide you to the weatherstripping aisle at Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
thank you guys, that answers my question well.

now I am confused about one thing, should I worry about including a midbass driver
)
No.

(which I think is the driver that gives the drums their kick, as opposed to having the sub do that since it wouldnt be as responsive)
Yes.

or if decent 6.5" woofers for the components would do that job well enough.
If installed well, yes - installation has a lot to do with it.

also, would running the woofers off the amp and the tweeters off the HU be bad?
Yes.

and can the HU be bridged? (rockford fosgate 9120)
Already is, internally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.