DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered 100 of these as it was the best way for me to get a deal on shipping and the bolts I needed, too. They are about 0.40" long; just long enough to go in a 1/2" or 3/4" baffle and work well. They're hex head and tapered for ease of installation and secure fit. All you'll need is a few 8-32 bolts for the install.
Go to mcmaster.com and enter this number:
92105A660

I only need about 25 of these guys, so I'm looking to sell off the remaining 75. I don't have them in my hands yet, but will by the end of the week. Looking to find some folks to commit to buying them.

They are approximately $0.12/each. Just pay that + $1shipping and they're yours. If someone wants a few, that's fine, or if you want the entire 75, that's fine. I just don't want to keep this many around as I'll probably never use them again.

Much cheaper than buying from your local hardware store... trust me, I paid the price and got pwnt at Lowe's.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'll take all the rest from ya. pm me info...

·
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like they're spoken for.

Dang, I figured I'd have to bump this another 5 times and then wind up keeping them.

Who woulda' thought. *shrugs*

·
Banned
455 Posts
.. i just picked up 100 of these, they're worth it. Why not get a box of 2k? much cheaper.
Insertsdirect will do you 1500 M4 for £35 or $70....

Bret

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
I apologize for going off topic here, but what is better the knife thread inserts like BikinI bought or hurricane nuts? Just curious here as I've only ever used T-nuts and I HATE them and never want to use them again.

Zach

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
I know that either one of these will be superior to T-nuts, but I wasn't sure if one was better than the other as far as hurrican nuts vs. threaded inserts go?

·
Banned
455 Posts
I think it depends on the specific application.

these are great for working from the front of something. you can drive it as deep as you want / need (the non-collared ones, like those illustrated above), and it will be a lot stronger than just a screw in chipboard or MDF. If you were being really paranoid, you could probably also glue into place... They also work pretty well in plastic if you have holes to screw to, instead of using rawlplugs. I'll be gluing mine into place in that scenario, as it will hold my door pockets back on.

Bret

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
the ones at PE are not the same as the ones from Mc Master Carr, plus MMC has about 7 warehouses around the US, in which the shipping costs are much lower. You need to take that into account when looking at price per unit.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
They also work pretty well in plastic if you have holes to screw to, instead of using rawlplugs.

Bret
MMC also sells some that are specifically for plastics...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts