DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my '98 Flareside. I've slowly but surely got my system going the right way. I'm currently using an Alpine 9847 and an Audio Control EQX, which will both be going soon to be replaced by a Clarion unit that will do it all. I'm also using Blaupunkt tweets, which suprisingly sound great and really blend well with the Dayton 7's. Here are some pics of my install. I will be adding more pics soon as I will be changing HU,and adding sound dedening in several places. Thanks.

Blaupunkt VC100 tweets
Dayton RS180 7in mids
TC sounds OEM 10
MBQuart RAA 4200
MBQuart RAA 1000

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I have quite a few things left to do to get this thing complete. I plan on building a stealthier sub enclosure, and getting the tweeters closer to the factory kick-panel color. That TC is a monster.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pulling Alpine and EQX by tomorrow. Will be F/S soon. The EQX is the white Concert Series,and I have the box,manual and extra X-over chip for it. Alpine 9847 is in good shape and also remote as well. PM if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New HU coming in a couple more days,can't wait. Also will be adding deadening to the doors along with new pics.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like them. They have plenty of clean power. More than I would ever need. They're pretty big in size, and hardly get warm,so yeah I think they work rather well,and sound great running fully active.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got the Clarion DXZ785USB HU! Got the x-over set and will be setting the time alignment tomorrow. Doing everything from the dash rocks, and look forward to learning everything about this unit. It is loaded,and at $130(amazon),definately well worth it. Sound deadening and few minor tweaks and should be in good shape. Sounding good!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Find a way to bolt or strap that subwoofer box down sturdy. If you were to ever be involved in a rollover, the last thing you want is 80 pounds of subwoofer/box flying around your cabin.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree,that would really suck. I am planning on building a new stealthier,downfiring enclosure which will require a little extra planning do to the enormous size of the sub(7 1/2" deep)and the limited area I plan on using(between front and back seat)should work though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree,that would really suck. I am planning on building a new stealthier,downfiring enclosure which will require a little extra planning do to the enormous size of the sub(7 1/2" deep)and the limited area I plan on using(between front and back seat)should work though.
Good lord :eek:, and I thought I was going to have a hard time fitting my 6.3" under the seat. If you don't mind could you post a link or some pics up of that sub. I am just curious....

Good looking build so far, keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I ordered one quite a while back and it never arrived.....and then TC Sounds never gave me my money back...and then they went out of business. Sucks... Oh well :) They are beasty drivers though!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I ordered one quite a while back and it never arrived.....and then TC Sounds never gave me my money back...and then they went out of business. Sucks... Oh well :) They are beasty drivers though!
That would piss me off! Sucks man, but I guess there is not much you can do.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey how are the adjustments on that clarion HU? Mainly the hp/lp filters?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks. The TC is definately a bad-boy,and yes it sucks they are no longer in business,so hopefully longevity was part of the speakers agenda as well. The Clarion is really awesome. The controls and functions are easy to learn and the crossover is very flexable and user friendly. I would definately encourage anyone looking for an all in one unit at a very affordable price to go for it. I am impressed....

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm jealous of the amps and the sub...two things I always wanted to try and never got around to it. I would encourage you to try those tweets up high. It definitely helps to rasie the stage height, coming from someone who has run strictly kickpanel installs for a looooong time.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think I am going to get that hu for my truck, are you able to bandpass channels for mid ranges throught the head unit?

Id have to agree with ritous, you may want to try the tweeters higher up. I installed mine at the top of my a pillars, which was to high. I wish I would have installed them on the bottom of the pillars. From how low you have yours it almost looks like they would be right beside your foot?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts