DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing the factory amp in my Mk7 GLI with the beats system. I tried the Kenwood XR600-6DSP and couldn't get any phone to connect to it which is the only way to tune and set it up.

I don't want to replace the factory speakers at this point but do want to run a active 3 way system later. Idatalink list a a couple different amps from audio control, arc audio and audison. Seems like the audio control D-series amps are to powerful at this point but correct me if I'm wrong.

So the 2 main amps I'm looking at are the Arc audio PS8-50 and the audison AP 8.9 bit. My concerns are the ability for me to tune the system without pulling my hair out but also be able to get the most of my money.

· Registered
395 Posts
I can't really help you but seems like you know what you're looking at. I would imagine something like the Arc PS8-50 is more than enough power for a 3 way. 75w will get plenty loud. you would have 50w/ch for midrange and tweeter, and 100w for midbass. or you could get 200w if you bridged a set of channels for the midbass.
I'm currently looking at ARC for amps and have heard nothing but great things.
I'm sure Audison is equally as good but not as familiar with them

audio control is great as well but I don't know how they compare to ARC and Audison. as for too much power, I don't think thats really possible. it takes like 10x the amount of power to seem like its twice as loud.

· Super Moderator
2,615 Posts
I am running the Audison AP F8.9 in a 2019 Honda Passport. I did not remove the OEM amp, (actually left the center channel connected to it). My installer just tapped into the existing wiring to feed the amp. That way EVERYTHING on my OEM Head unit still functions as normal.

The AP F8.9 has way more power than the AP 8.9 (85w vs 35w), so if you intend to upgrade down the line, this would be an excellent DSP amp for you! I am running a super hi-end set of speakers from it and it sounds amazing. The amp has the ability to remove any equalization your OEM may be putting out and restore the full frequency range, you can read about this on their site.

The AP F8.9 can also be bridged to put out 260wpc, (which is what I am doing) to power your front woofers. It can also control a external Sub amp as well.

AP F8.9 bit | Audison - car audio processors, amplifiers and speakers

Any other questions, please feel free to hit me up...

Reactions: Adurm

· Registered
769 Posts
My installer told me the PSC can do 95% of the DSP, he set it up and tune the first time i retune with the PSC.
The problem with PSC are the screen are small take longer time to tune, tune with the laptop are better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.