DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY factory Amp has SPDIF, and I would like to get it plugged into a toslink. The wiring diagram for the amp has three pins for spdif labeled SPDIF High, SPDIF Low, and SPDIF Ground. I found a Toshiba transmitting module that I believe may do the trick. TOTX179L is the part number, it can be seen here: Original Toshiba TOTX179L TX179L TOTX179 Fiber Head Optical Transmitter Toslink | eBay

The Toshiba module has pins labeled Ground, VCC, and INPUT.

I am assuming VCC would go to SPDIF high and INPUT would go to SPDIF Low. Is this correct? Alternatively, if anyone has any ideas on how to wire the spdif pins on the factory amp to a toslink plink, please let me know.

· Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
875 Posts

· Registered
4,502 Posts
MY factory Amp has SPDIF, and I would like to get it plugged into a toslink. The wiring diagram for the amp has three pins for spdif labeled SPDIF High, SPDIF Low, and SPDIF Ground. I found a Toshiba transmitting module that I believe may do the trick. TOTX179L is the part number, it can be seen here: Original Toshiba TOTX179L TX179L TOTX179 Fiber Head Optical Transmitter Toslink | eBay

The Toshiba module has pins labeled Ground, VCC, and INPUT.

I am assuming VCC would go to SPDIF high and INPUT would go to SPDIF Low. Is this correct? Alternatively, if anyone has any ideas on how to wire the spdif pins on the factory amp to a toslink plink, please let me know.
No, that doesn’t follow, you’re attempting to take a generic oem digital connection and make an aftermarket compatible optical connection from it, most likely there will be some degree of conversion, I don’t see your connections being straight forward

· Registered
301 Posts
You might want to put an oscilloscope on those outputs and actually check that those pins have the relevant signals you want on them. The VCC pin on the toshiba module needs 5vdc.

I looked up a datasheet for a tosiba totx179 and it also indicates you need a 0.1 microfarad cap between vcc and ground that is within no more than 7mm of the transmitter.

· Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
875 Posts
So I believe @chasingSQ soldered the high wire as center pin and the low wire as ground on an RCA end. The OEM ground went unused.
Then simply run coax to the DSP SPDIF input...you shouldn't need any additional devices.

· Premium Member
872 Posts
yes i did its super easy , and has been working great , pm me for questions if needed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.