DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Human (not a robot)
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '05 Ford Escape with the factory Mach 300 system that has an integrated 8" sub and amp in the rear quarter panel. The problem is when you turn up the volume the level of bass goes down. There is little bass at moderate volume; turn it up, there is less, wide open there is practically none.

Is there a simple fix for this? I know stock sucks and the 8" sub is basically just taking up space right now. Are there processors that fix this or would changing the factory amp out make a difference?

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,007 Posts
It is probably a limiting circuit like what the Shaker 500 subwoofers in my 2006 Mustang GT have. The reason I say it has a limiting circuit is because the prior owner of my vehicle managed to blow both front mids in the 6x8 plate, yet the 8" subs survived. Also, your HU could potentially have a built-in loudness contour that turns off at a certain volume level.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
most likely the latter, lots of OEM heads are having that type of thing now.

as the volume goes up the lower frequencies go up less and less

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It has speed sensitive volume control. Turn it off on the head unit. I think it's the 3rd or 4th option when going through the menus.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It is probably a limiting circuit like what the Shaker 500 subwoofers in my 2006 Mustang GT have. The reason I say it has a limiting circuit is because the prior owner of my vehicle managed to blow both front mids in the 6x8 plate, yet the 8" subs survived. Also, your HU could potentially have a built-in loudness contour that turns off at a certain volume level.
That limiter was bypassable. Also, those 8's can survive 150+ real wattage. They really ain't too terrible. The plates aren't worth as much as the screws that hold them in :mad::rolleyes:

·
Human (not a robot)
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has speed sensitive volume control. Turn it off on the head unit. I think it's the 3rd or 4th option when going through the menus.
My other car has speed sensitive volume and it just turns the volume down as you slow down, how does this ssvc differ from that to make the bass go away?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I have the same problem in my 2008 aspen suv.it seem like the more I turn it up the bass and even the volume seems to go down.I know it's trying to keep from blowing the speakers,but protects it to much.lmk,if you figure out how to fix it.good luck

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
My other car has speed sensitive volume and it just turns the volume down as you slow down, how does this ssvc differ from that to make the bass go away?
The Visteon implementation sucks balls. It is the same in my Sport Trac.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The factory does not want people blowing drivers every day. It is a built in curve to lower the bass at high volume. GM has been doing it for YEARS! The others have finally started. If you want bass at high volume, swap out the deck or add amps so you have louder output at a lower volume setting on the deck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts