DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Fade Distortion

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  MikeS 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have an issue with my head unit, Pioneer AVH-280BT, in that when the sound is faded to the front or back it distorts the speakers. There is no issue with the balance left or right. The distortion increases with an increased level of fade and volume, and when it is centered music sounds great. Where it becomes a real problem for me is that phone calls are automatically faded to the front speakers, causing them to sound like garbage unless I put them on at a low volume, but then I can't really hear anything anyway. I could get into a long boring story about how I got here now, but to save you some time, I am outside or warranty, this issue has been present from the start, I already changed out the stock speakers for aftermarket speakers, and I have messed around with every setting on the head unit I could. So at this point, is there anything I can do to the wiring that will help this situation, and or, is there anyone out there that know why this is happening?

Thanks.

#4 ·
Which car? See if theres external fader knob somewhere in the dashboard. If theres chimes or other stuff playing through speakers there could be some other box attached to harness aswell. If thats the case you need to put some small speaker to that and route speaker wires directly bypassing the box.

#6 ·
Most likely if it isn't a defect with the headunit. Now that theres the car someone else might know what's the common problem with these. If theres factory amplifier somewhere inline it could be the source of the problem. If theres factory subwoofer it's more than likely to have an amplifier somewhere.

It's quite a big job to run just new wires if theres easier way, so wait a while before ripping everything out..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.