DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont you hate it when the tracking number says "ATTEMPTED" but noone knocked, noone left a door tag and you watched as the truck drove past.. LOL

Man I cant stand that! Seriously

I think dude wanted to just get home soon............

·
Registered
10 Posts
Normally a lurker, but have to chime in. I had this happen and called the distribution center to report the issue. Turns out this guy had done a similar thing to a lot of other folks. That was his last day.

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
My regular UPS guy is pretty cool and never plays any shenanigans that Im aware of. I give him popsicles in the summer!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've had that happen with FedEx a couple of times. I've always had good luck with UPS. You should call and report that tool of a driver.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
That same thing happened to me a few weeks ago! I was pissed!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Slightly different.... I had something "delivered" that never showed up. The claim was denied until I offered to send the company a copy of the surveillance video showing no delivery attempt. Problem solved.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Slightly different.... I had something "delivered" that never showed up. The claim was denied until I offered to send the company a copy of the surveillance video showing no delivery attempt. Problem solved.
that would suck more. at least the fake attempt means it will show up the next day.

(shouldnt this be in OT?)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ah, video cameras. Keeping the shady honest since the 1920s. Well played. :D

234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So , do you think the deliver dude wanted what was in the package?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I also had a delivery person drive by, as I was not so patiently waiting for a big delivery of equipment from a manufacturer for a demo vehicle. Checked later in they day and the driver claimed to have put the packages on my porch. Thousands of dollars and they didn't seem to care than nobody had signed for it.....

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I also had a delivery person drive by, as I was not so patiently waiting for a big delivery of equipment from a manufacturer for a demo vehicle. Checked later in they day and the driver claimed to have put the packages on my porch. Thousands of dollars and they didn't seem to care than nobody had signed for it.....
there is no way they know what it costs. if you want a signature, then put "require signature" in the delivery options.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I think all delivery companies pull stuff like this most of the time. Since I have a 1 year old puppy who loves to chew anything, I put a note by my front door saying something to the effect of "Please put packages inside garage through side entrance to stop dog from chewing them, Thanks"

The USPS delivery driver literally left a package directly beneath the note.

Thankfully my wife was home and saw the package before the dog found it, before we put up the note the dog had chewed through a couple packages of clothing and some computer parts.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can actually deauthorize your local UPS hub to accept packages with your name so that when they fail to deliver and take it back to the warehouse, the package effectively becomes lost and UPS will become liable for all incurred costs including repaying you back. Essentially, they will always deliver now.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
You can actually deauthorize your local UPS hub to accept packages with your name so that when they fail to deliver and take it back to the warehouse, the package effectively becomes lost and UPS will become liable for all incurred costs including repaying you back. Essentially, they will always deliver now.
wouldnt that just cause the packages to be denies inbound from the source, they would be returned to sender. I highly doubt you can do this.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
One time I watched an OnTrac driver throw my package to my front door all the way from the street.
that I would belive. we used to call UPS "ooops" instead of u p s. we had a saying......."if it works when it left, it wont when it gets there", lol.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
So , do you think the deliver dude wanted what was in the package?
I would guess no, and that the house to which it was misdelivered is still enjoying their free ladder. But then, I have also been accused of seeing the best in everyone- even when I shouldnt.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How about "left with elderly lady" as a delivery note when there is no "elderly lady" at my house or anywhere near it? I fought for a good month to get my money back on that since they could never tell me where it was actually delivered.

I love it when the bell rings and just as you get to the door the truck is speeding off down the street with the little hang tag on your door with every possible delivery time checked on it.

I sat and watched the FedEx guy for our office stand there and talk for 30 minutes. All the while he is grabbing his little scanner and clicking something. Someone finally asked him what he was doing and he said he was basically checking off that he was at his next stops. I'm guessing those guys didn't get their packages that day.

Around here we call the brown guys United Package Stompers.

·
Registered
274 Posts
UPS and FX deliver hundreds of thousands of packages everyday. THere are bad people at every company but no need to generalize the thousands of good people that work for these companies.

Truth is, people steal **** off doorsteps all the time, claim to of not received items when they did and send broken **** to people and claim UPS broke it.

99% of all damages are a result of ****ty packing.

Heres a tip:

Have the sender ship it insured and use the local terminal as the shipper address for 'will call' pickup. You can open the package right there and see if it works or is still in one piece. Opening it there will also let UPS know if the item was packed correctly. And there is zero chance of it walking off from your doorstep.

I work for UPS engineering and while not every delivery is perfect and not every driver is always honest it accounts for a miniscule, tiny fraction of the workforce and is clearly not the norm.

For all the people that ***** about UPS/FedEx.....just make sure you dont EVER make a mistake in your job and the company you work for is 100% perfect.....because if not, that would be hypocritical as hell.

~JH

1 - 20 of 39 Posts