DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Pics of where the floor curves at the doors?

The only reason to not cut the carpet would be resale. If you're not worried about it, the go for cutting the carpet, I'm sure you'll gain a lot of extra space. Most European cars have a fairly thick foam attached to the back of the carpet.

Make sure that you securely attach it to the floor. It would suck for something that big and heavy to become a projectile in an accident / rollover.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you pulled the carpet yet to see how much space you would gain? I'm guessing it's almost the thickness of your amps. You'll also get an idea of how much of that curvature is your floor vs the foam padding. I know that Baltic is hard to find/expensive, but you could use a thinner board of baltic as your floor if it is braced frequently.

Is the area under the seats out of the question? Any room under the arm rest/console? It kind of seems like you could benefit from sticking the amps anywhere they would fit. Is there any space between the trim panels and the body in the cargo area? I understand the desire for a "clean" install, but in the case of a camping rig, out of the way might be more valuable.

Where abouts are you?

Cheers!

Reactions: NW JLUR
1 - 2 of 2 Posts