DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

141 - 160 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
yeah that Madagascar laminate looks nice! If you have a Woodcraft.com store near you, they have many types of veneer (wood type) in stock that you can check out too.

Ok where is DavidRam…. no progress on this box, no new Trackhawk… no nothing... must have been out partying and surfing all weekend!!!

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
yeah that Madagascar laminate looks nice! If you have a Woodcraft.com store near you, they have many types of veneer (wood type) in stock that you can check out too.

Ok where is DavidRam…. no progress on this box, no new Trackhawk… no nothing... must have been out partying and surfing all weekend!!!
I wish I could say my life/weekend is that exciting... :blush: I neither party nor surf. Lol

I run a retail store, so Holiday weekends typically mean extra hours at work for me.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Oh come on David...

Surf and party is all people in California do. Board shorts, bikinis and booze.. :D
Lol! True. I guess I'm the odd ball... I live a short walk to the beach, but I never go to the beach. I live here for the climate, it's so perfect. :D

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Not much progress, but a couple pics anyways... Once all the inner wood pieces are done and glued together, I'll give everything 3 coats of satin polyurethane.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Not much progress, but a couple pics anyways... Once all the inner wood pieces are done and glued together, I'll give everything 3 coats of satin polyurethane.

What enclosure size did you come up with for it ?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Oooo sweeeet!
That's what the little cubes are for!
Yep! There are m5 t-nuts embedded in the little cubes that will hold the acrylic in place (and pull it air tight against the gasket/enclosure).

On another note, I have been experimenting with the lighting I will be using, and it amazes me how light travels through acrylic! Obviously the acrylic is in an L shape and when you light up one end of it, the light shines out of the other end with surprising intensity... It doesn't look like the light is traveling through it in the clear, unobstructed areas though. Pretty freakin cool! I am going to play around with this effect before I make a final decision on where the LEDs will be mounted, because getting this right will have an awesome affect on how this thing looks.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #151

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
.... No, I am not adding a water feature to the sub box! Lol :D
Dang... I was about to suggest a "sub-marine" / "sub-merged" theme, tho! You could have little fishes and coral in there and everything! I mean, it's already damn near an Aquarium! :D

j/k

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Dang... I was about to suggest a "sub-marine" / "sub-merged" theme, tho! You could have little fishes and coral in there and everything! I mean, it's already damn near an Aquarium! :D

j/k
Haha! And a mermaid leaning up against the sub...

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Thanks guys! Apparently mermaids are playing hard to get these days... something to do with the #MeToo movement. Lol

141 - 160 of 258 Posts