DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD Peerless XLS 8" midbass/woofers

figured Id post these here first

have a pair, im the only owner, they are 9/10 cosmetic

some sawdust from mounting,and one has a small scuff on the surround--can be wiped off

I have the original boxes,and packing material, insurance inluded at no extra cost

they are as good as most have recommended, but I have too many 8's laying around my house, who knows what Ill try next lol

SOLD

Ill post pics sometime tonight, after I get home from work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol its a 8" with 10mm xmax rated vs a 7"

the 07's are the better midrange of course, but down low there is nothing like a strong 8" midbass on a drum solo :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
You'll spend quite a bit more trying to find a better midbass driver... you know what they say... once you go 8's you never go back!

Err... something like that...

I have 150watts on mine, doing fine ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man you are so right I have no idea what I can find that will be better than these? they are that sweet !!!

oh well the search continues
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
newtitan said:
lol its a 8" with 10mm xmax rated vs a 7"

the 07's are the better midrange of course, but down low there is nothing like a strong 8" midbass on a drum solo :)

Well of course I knew they would be better but I mean is it like a huge huge difference? I want to try these 8's but they are so huge, I dunno if I should even try them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
Stupify said:
Well of course I knew they would be better but I mean is it like a huge huge difference? I want to try these 8's but they are so huge, I dunno if I should even try them.
Honestly? The 07 reviews I have read do not tell the 07 to be a tough driver to beat for midbass duty... You gotta understand that you are comparng two diff anymals here...
The Peerless is a purpose built driver like the 07 is... but they do not share in that same purpose...

If you want a great midbass, bass 8" driver for your doors... then you will not find a better one in its price range... Heck I'll go out on a limb & say you wont find it @ x2 or x3 time the cost... I paid close to $150 for my pair... Newtitan is giving them away...

They are worth the trouble unless you find the orange paint of the 07 irresistible... Plus aren't those 07 like stupid expensive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
racerraul said:
Honestly? The 07 reviews I have read do not tell the 07 to be a tough driver to beat for midbass duty... You gotta understand that you are comparng two diff anymals here...
The Peerless is a purpose built driver like the 07 is... but they do not share in that same purpose...

If you want a great midbass, bass 8" driver for your doors... then you will not find a better one in its price range... Heck I'll go out on a limb & say you wont find it @ x2 or x3 time the cost... I paid close to $150 for my pair... Newtitan is giving them away...

They are worth the trouble unless you find the orange paint of the 07 irresistible... Plus aren't those 07 like stupid expensive?
I have the ES-07.4USX $2,499.00 set without the passives though. So I already have the 07's. They are great sounding speakers ngdang has said that himself. The midbass is better then a lot of speakers. No they may night be the best but they are better then average for sure. I also know the 8's and the 07's are way different. As the 8's are a midbass driver and the 07's are both a midrange and a midbass speaker. The xls's are huge. A friend has them and we set them next to the 07's are they are way bigger. For 100 they are a great price. I just don't know if I can get them in my door thats the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had both . 07 and XLS

the XLS are far superior in midbass output and clarity. its really not a fair comparison

although I PERSONALLY think the 07 mid is awesome for the wide band it plays and the lowend output in my door

it was far better in all "subjective" ( I dont have the testing gear npdang has or experience) areas to every other driver I have had so far, including the XXX mid


but as far as low end the XLS is the best overall 200hz and down I have heard in a LONG time

very sweet. clean output. and yes I gave them away--some dude got a great deal

wish it was 4 ohm

and as far as the size yes its huge, but the truncated baffle really helps with installation more than can you believe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
Stupify said:
I have the ES-07.4USX $2,499.00 set without the passives though.
Goodness, gracious!

I can't wait to run into one of those in competitions... I really want to listen to them & see how my system stacks up to the Orange paint ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
racerraul said:
Goodness, gracious!

I can't wait to run into one of those in competitions... I really want to listen to them & see how my system stacks up to the Orange paint ;)
i think he only paid like 600 for everything. you would have to be completly crazy to pay retail on those things. :p
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top