DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, looking to upgrade my sub...have heard excellent things about Fi, and just want some hear some info/experience with there products. I have a rated 1000rms, (birthsheet says 1338rms) to use @2ohms. It's an older model rockford fosgate 1001bd pro. I like lows, and I like it loud. I planned on putting the sub in 4cubes @30ish Hz....should I get a Q or a Bl is the question. What would the difference be? Still kinda wet behind the ears when it comes to car audio, at least the higher end, im definitely an enthusiast though and am here to soak up all the knowledge and EXPERIENCE from you guys that I can get. Thanks!

sent from my old ass EVO using el tapo-taco

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have heard the Q which is supposed to be their "SQ" sub and it got really loud but wasnt very clean to me at all. Are you looking for something insanely loud, or something pretty loud but great sound quality as well or something that hits every note perfectly but has almost zero output.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking for that middle ground....lots of output and sounds good doing it...I have a w3v3 13.5" right now....she does me justice definitely....probably getting 550 rms maybe 600. And it hits pretty hard....just want more, as always :)

sent from my old ass EVO using el tapo-taco

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I have heard the Q which is supposed to be their "SQ" sub and it got really loud but wasnt very clean to me at all. Are you looking for something insanely loud, or something pretty loud but great sound quality as well or something that hits every note perfectly but has almost zero output.
I've got a Q12 that was my previous daily driving sub and I wasn't satisfied with the sound it produced. It didn't seem very articulate to me at all. I had it in a stuffed ~1cuft sealed box. I wouldn't say it sounded like garbage or anything THAT bad, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts