DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pillars in my mustang are made of ABS plastic and the current resin i have (polyester i think) isnt adhering to it, should I order an epoxy based resin and try it that way?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect, because the fiberglass I used to fill some small holes in my radio bezel have come loose and i didnt want to either spend money unnecessarily or waste time by doing something the wrong way

·
Registered
38 Posts
You could also try West System "G/flex" It is specifically for joining different materials.
You can stick metal to plastic with this stuff and you'll break one or the other before the bond lets go.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
if ya really want to make it easy, and you are just adding a mounting ring for the tweet to the pillar, you can use duraglass. just drill a couple holes around the area the ring will go, ca glue the ring in place and slap on the duraglass and shape as needed being sure to press it down into the holes you drilled.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree , some times you will have to use a screw or two to make the original connection. But also another thing, try roughening up the bonding location. If its smooth, it might not bond well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts