Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
newtitan said:
nice find on the door pods

thats a good tutorial

hey Azgrower have any idea how to make speaker grilles?

I posted on carsound and got no post love lol
Yeah I saw that. Sorry I didnt post on it earlier, I quickly checked that site before leaving for home and saw your post. N E Who, go to the Select Products site, they have the raw grille materials there, like the metal grille mesh (fine mesh, not waffle cone type) and cloth as well. Then, just use a baffle ring the same size you want to make the grille as your "die" and start bending the sides to flatten them in.

https://selectproducts.com/frames.html

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
newtitan said:
do let me get this straight

1) buy the grill strength/size etc you want
2) take a baffle ring ( i assume the cutout peice right)
3)bend the grille around the circle

so how do you attach the metal to the speaker baffle, or will it stay already on the baffle?

im a little confused lol
Well say you want to attach the grille cover to the panel that goes over the speaker. Like that picture you posted on CS&P. You cut your hole in the panel, and from behind you attach the grille via small screws or even small earth magnets (which are very powerful and can easily hold the grille). So what you see is the grille pushed through, from the rear, until its flush with the paneling.

The grille needs to be created to fit the inside diameter of the hole you cut in the panel, so you make a "die baffle" to fit that measurement, and bend your grille over that. Make sure to deduct a small amount in the measurements to account for the thickness of the mesh material.

I suck at explaining things, I know, but I am much better showing you in person.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
87DXHatch said:
****, speaking of getting more costly by the minute... I just discovered, after spending 30 minutes sanding it down, that my passenger's side door pod shifted when I was fleecing it, and now it gets crushed if you try and shut the door with it in.

:( :( :(

Back to the drawering board.
Make sure you secure it down good with either glue or screws. But I guess you have already figured out what happened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.