DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a iPhone to topping d10 to dsp.3

there is a control panel for the topping to choose settings and I need to know what to use

it has an format output option of either 2 channels 32 bits or 24 bits. Which one do I use with the helix dsp.3

also has master volume output. Should I leave it maxed?

and one other setting amd I’ll just post the image of it and see what y’all can tell me

Colorfulness Blue Rectangle Azure Font

Blue Rectangle Azure Textile Font

· Registered
4,319 Posts
I use a iPhone to topping d10 to dsp.3

there is a control panel for the topping to choose settings and I need to know what to use

it has an format output option of either 2 channels 32 bits or 24 bits. Which one do I use with the helix dsp.3

also has master volume output. Should I leave it maxed?

and one other setting amd I’ll just post the image of it and see what y’all can tell me

View attachment 311609

View attachment 311610
Looks like the dsp.3 accepts 24 bit. For the ASIO buffer size, I don't have a clue, if it has a default setting leave it there.

· Registered
318 Posts
Assume those option are from Windows setup?

When plugged into an iPhone it may default to other settings. If you use Onkyo player app that will show what it outputs at to the Topping and you can choose upsampling in the Onkyo app. Don’t believe you can the topping settings natively only in a player app.

Are you use optical or coax digital into the DSP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,515 Posts
The pc app setting has zero relevance to the topping when plugged into an iPhone, the device controls that, Pcs by nature don’t have an active control whereby they don’t respond to the source bit rate and depth… unless used with certain softwares

so the answer is don’t worry it is irrelevant 😉

· Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the dsp.3 accepts 24 bit. For the ASIO buffer size, I don't have a clue, if it has a default setting leave it there.
so these settings mean nothing and can’t be changed when hooked to a dsp.3 via optical? It was default to 32bit. Will that matter? I guess if there is no way to change settings it’s pointless

· Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct, only relevant if hooked up to the pc as a source 👍🏼 Nothing in that software matters with an iPhone
So it auto configures itself to whatever it’s connected to? And if we change settings with laptop connected. They change back to whatever when I connect iPhone?

· Registered
4,515 Posts
So it auto configures itself to whatever it’s connected to? And if we change settings with laptop connected. They change back to whatever when I connect iPhone?
Yup… if the iPhone sends 192khz 24bit then the topping plays that, if it plays a 44.1khz 16 but track that’s what the topping sets itself too… for every app bar one

the Amazon app that upsamples to whatever the dac can play which sucks 😏

· Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The topping always outputs on all three outputs, analogue via rca, digital via coax and optical 👍🏼
not mine No audio from the rca outs. I bought a 25’ rca cable from Best Buy just to test and it didn’t work. But my cheap optical did

Doesn’t matter now because the issue is Jitter and I have no idea what to do for that besides new dsp

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,372 Posts
Maybe you have a bad topping

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,372 Posts
I hear the “jitter” noise with my cheap optical converter too. I think long optical runs may cause it after reading more about it.

maybe I’ll put the topping next to the helix and run long usb instead
Still doesn’t explain why the rca out isn’t working.

Reactions: Selkec and dumdum

· Registered
4,515 Posts
not mine No audio from the rca outs. I bought a 25’ rca cable from Best Buy just to test and it didn’t work. But my cheap optical did

Doesn’t matter now because the issue is Jitter and I have no idea what to do for that besides new dsp
Did you redo the routing in the dsp so you can get audio from the rca input? Daft question but I’ve fitted several toppings and never had an issue with any, and definitely no jitter or distortion of any kind

· Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you redo the routing in the dsp so you can get audio from the rca input? Daft question but I’ve fitted several toppings and never had an issue with any, and definitely no jitter or distortion of any kind
I allready had the rca routing also setup. And my generic optical converter worked just fine using its rca outs.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,520 Posts
Is there a way to disable the iPhone having volume control with using the topping d10s? Is it normal to have volume control in the iPhone using a topping dac, because if I connect a cheap optical converter the phone volume locks amd I have to use the urc
Are you using the Apple cck3 camera adapter too? My setup was iPhone >cck3>topping >dsp.3 for digital and yes my volume control works. When just using CarPlay (not wireless) I plugged the lightning cable which ties to the radio and volume control does not work. And that signal goes to dsp via RCAs.

Have you tried lightning cable to rca and gone straight from your phone to dsp/amps directly?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.