DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently installed the hec usb card into my helix dsp 3. With the known issues of the Apple camera kit, I was considering trying one of the fiio’s. I know they can do coax and some do optical. I’ve even seen some models that claim usb audio output. Will these work with the hec usb? I think they use a micro usb but there are micro to mini b usb cables available. If anyone has any experience going this route I would love some feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
I like my Fiio player no matter if I use USB, optical, or coaxial digital. I don't notice any difference between them.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
This should prolly be another thread but do any of you know if there mini sd cards in capacity modded ipods could be slipped into any of the fiio daps and played? My iPods are getting glitchy and if like to use digital source to DSP. Which one is considered best audiophile bang for the buck dap in the fiio or any brand really.

Tldr: can former ipod mini sd's be used in other daps? If so which is the entry audiophile one.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
This should prolly be another thread but do any of you know if there mini sd cards in capacity modded ipods could be slipped into any of the fiio daps and played? My iPods are getting glitchy and if like to use digital source to DSP. Which one is considered best audiophile bang for the buck dap in the fiio or any brand really.

Tldr: can former ipod mini sd's be used in other daps? If so which is the entry audiophile one.
For the sake of clarity, and just to be clear, your specific question is: Can mini SD cards from a modded iPod be transplanted into a Fiio DAP or similar DAP. Correct?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
In theory, the short answer is yes, it should be transplant-able. Generally speaking, newer SD devices are backward compatible with older versions of mini SD cards. I don't have Apple products, but I assume the mod was performed with either the SDHC or SDXC card. Both of these card types are compatible on Fiio DAPs. Occasionally, cards need to be formatted to software before use. Since you'd be migrating the card from the Apple ecosystem to Android, it will probably need to be re-formatted for Android use. Also, another point to note, some Android DAP's can't play AAC files.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts