DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is mine faulty or do USB cords not plug in all the way? I know it can screw up the signal sometimes if they somehow get tugged on a little. Also, the other day i was doing some sine wave tones and had muted everything but the midwoofers, which were crossed at 4000hz/63hz for the time being, but when i had clicked the 5000hz test tone by mistake, it wasn't filtered out? I'm sure I'm not thinking clearly about that, but hey its 4:00am don't judge me

·
Registered
19,526 Posts
whats the slope set for the filters? crossovers arent brick walls, they slowly attenuate signal as it goes past the crossover point. so if you have a LR -12db slope set at 4k, you will be down (rough estimate off the top of my head because its to early for this) about -9db at 5k. this is still plenty audible though

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
whats the slope set for the filters? crossovers arent brick walls, they slowly attenuate signal as it goes past the crossover point. so if you have a LR -12db slope set at 4k, you will be down (rough estimate off the top of my head because its to early for this) about -9db at 5k. this is still plenty audible though
closer to -3db...and hence still VERY audible:D

·
Registered
19,526 Posts
closer to -3db...and hence still VERY audible:D
LR filters are down 6 db at the actual crossover point. So -6 - -3 = -9. I'm just not sure if the 80prs uses LR filters

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Only potential issue of concern I'm seeing is the USB cord issue, but that may be isolated to the cord you are using.

The crossover issue has been covered, it attenuated the output of frequencies above/below the set point at a selected dB/Octave.

·
Registered
990 Posts
My USB ports were not that fragile. Might be just the cables, have you tried them on a computer or some other USB port?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My USB ports were not that fragile. Might be just the cables, have you tried them on a computer or some other USB port?

Yes, I've tried many different cords, including the one that came with it. They all just go in about halfway.

I'm an idiot tho, I dont know what I was thinking with crossover question. No wonder I'm having problems all the time with my setup. One thing that I hate more than anything but probably is all in my head, is on the way to somewhere it'll sound great to me but then on the way back listening to the same song, it'll sound terrible. Not to mention the gnarley tweeter white noise/ static I can't get rid of to save my life. Makes my illuminators sound horrible

·
Registered
114 Posts
to the guy with the usb cables not going in far i had the same problem pretty much at first i kept turning them over thinking i was putting them in wrong but once i made sure of the right way they go in i just pushed harder and they went

1 - 8 of 8 Posts