DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on running an active front stage but scrapped the idea so that I could use just the 2 matching amps that I already have. I'm going to be instead running the front stage with Madisound passives. Please give me your input and let me know if you've worked with any of the equipment before. I haven't heard much about the mids before, just going off a recommendation.

Fronstage Amp: Zed Audio Deuce w/ BB (100 x 2 @ 8 ohms)
Tweets: LPG 25nfa
Mids: Peerless 182WR33P08
Madisound custom passive crossovers

Sub Amp: Zed Audio Gladius w/ BB (300 x 1 @ 4 ohms)
Subs: Peerless XXLS 12" 830845 (x2)

David Navone LOC from stock nav/headunit

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
is that enough power for your subs? 150each?? they are rather efficient ims ure, but half the rms though????

and if you were going all peerless I would have bought the exclusive 18cm driver

youll like the lpg's they are very nice IMO

please do a review on those zeds amp when you get em in

GOTDAM####T I CANT TYPE LOL

·
Registered
578 Posts
<begin poking fun @ newtitan> Man I almost thought you where starting the thread & though to myself... FINALLY!!!! Pics of the truck sooon!!! Oh well, not so :(... On the otherhand I do want to know when Zed started making maps.... where they lead to? </end poking fun @ newtitan> :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping its enough power, I'm sure it will be. I don't like the bass blaring. I wasn't even going to have subs at first, but I decided to go with the passive front stage to free up that amp for the subs. If its not loud enough, I can just pick up another Deuce.

What do you think of the Peerless 182WR33P08? Just bought it going off a recommendation from trome1 on ECA.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yeah im indecisive man---I know what setup I want, but the drivers arent available yet

can someone please make a 89 db 3" that goes from 200-4000, well Im waiting for the buwalda 3" to be released I guess

and a compact 1" that has better spl capabilites than the lpg

and yeah trome1 knows his stuff IMO, but I still would have bought the exclusive version

but good luck hope it workouts :)

and raul stop hurting my feelings :D :D :D :D :D not everybody can have a CLEAN install :) --well at least not yet :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
newtitan said:
yeah im indecisive man---I know what setup I want, but the drivers arent available yet

can someone please make a 89 db 3" that goes from 200-4000, well Im waiting for the buwalda 3" to be released I guess

and a compact 1" that has better spl capabilites than the lpg

and yeah trome1 knows his stuff IMO, but I still would have bought the exclusive version

but good luck hope it workouts :)

and raul stop hurting my feelings :D :D :D :D :D not everybody can have a CLEAN install :) --well at least not yet :) :) :) :)
Eton 4-300 ;)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
eton ??? hmm didnt dang review that already the Eton 4-300 and its like 5" around

and Id kill to have the utopia be, but arent they like $600

·
Registered
242 Posts
oh, so are you looking for a 3 inch including the outer screw rings, or 3 inches to the surround? Doesn't matter, the eton is too big either way.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
id kill to have something no more than 4" total overall diamter, including the metal

thats why the buwlada 3" is looking like the winner so far

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yeah I have been checking out those, but for the reviews Ive seen, they arent worth the 200 or so Ive seen them on ebay

if they were say 100-150 id give em a whirl maybe

·
Registered
242 Posts
strange that you mentioned that. I just sold the bnib pair i had for the amount you listed.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I probably would've picked up one of the Seas G/CA/L18 mids over the Peerless hds. Madisound passives have not sounded too good in my experience, as they were not designed for the car environment.

Don't want to sound negative, I still think you got a very good deal for the money considering what you could have bought retail for the same price.

·
Registered
34 Posts
npdang said:
I probably would've picked up one of the Seas G/CA/L18 mids over the Peerless hds. Madisound passives have not sounded too good in my experience, as they were not designed for the car environment.

Don't want to sound negative, I still think you got a very good deal for the money considering what you could have bought retail for the same price.
I really should have not cancelled my order on the L18s :( I need to reorder those with all the talk about the cheaper SEAS. Either that or maybe your new mid will come out first :confused:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was set on going with the Seas G18RNX/P but was talked out of it because its q is very low. I was warned that it would possibly be muddy/less detailed in a car door.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
who tolde you that?? and that person believed the peerless HD to be the better driver in this particular capacity??

may I ask why im interested

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
newtitan said:
who tolde you that?? and that person believed the peerless HD to be the better driver in this particular capacity??

may I ask why im interested

trome1 from ECA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts