DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm struggling with some of the options that I have for integrating with the stock head unit and the DSP and amplifiers I should go with. Speaker wise I'm pretty set with one small exception of, when I put some new coax speakers in the back door do I amp them or keep them on the stock amp, provided I don't go with a 6 channel amp?

For speakers and sub I have Vifa 6.5" mids and Vifa 1" silk dome tweets, then on order I have a Stereo Integrity shallow 12".

So here are my integration/DSP ideas/options what do y'all think?
First choice - PAC AMP PRO to an Audio Control D-6.1200
Second choice -PAC AMP PRO to an Audio Control DM 608
Third choice - Rockford Fosgate DSR-1

Amplifier options:
First choice the afore mentioned Audio Control D-6.1200 and then an Audio Control LC-1.800
Second choice Audio Control D-6.1200 and Sundown SFB 1000D
Third choice Sundown SFB 200.4D and SFB 1000D
Fourth choice Phoenix Gold RX2400.4 and RX21000.1

So what do you all think? I'm leaning toward the Audio Control for both amps and integrated DSP, my only concern is the SI 12" is dual 2ohm and the LC-1.800 is only 2 ohm stable so I'll have to run it 4 ohm. So the concern is will there be enough power coming from the LC-1.800? As far as the overall price its about a $500 swing in all directions so that's not the issue. Hive audio mind help. LOL

Thanks all,
Auggie

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I would go the Audison route, with a prima amplifier (have DSP built-in). They manufacturer a T-harness for your truck so it would be an easy integration. The prima amplifier has a sub out which you can then run to the bass amplifier (still control all the settings from the prima DSP). You would roughly be in the $1200-$1400 range altogether and have a setup which is 1 ohm capable with DSP.

·
Registered
168 Posts
SoundmanCA on YouTube has a couple good videos of putting the Audison Primas in an F150. In one of them he has it mounted in the dash behind one of his custom iPad dash kits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts