DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 10inch for this particular box and power.

Box has only .35 cubic ft.

Sub will only be getting 200watts rms.

Mounting depth max 5.25 inches.

My initial thoughts were ED SQ10, until I found out they are on backorder for 2 months. Seems the Tang Band version is rated for only 120watts rms for some reason.

Next thought was a new Pioneer SW251 with a min .35 and 200watts rms, but heard some bad reviews.

I would like the Dayton Reference HO but it needs more power than 200 I think.

Anyone have some suggestions.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My initial thoughts were ED SQ10... Seems the Tang Band version is rated for only 120watts rms for some reason.
LOL.

Sub will only be getting 200watts rms.

Mounting depth max 5.25 inches.
Seems to me one of your potential problems is that small an enclosure and that little power. In that small an enclosure I am used to trying to force some low-end in there with an EQ, but I fear you will run out of power quickly if you start EQing...

Me personally, for my car, I would try a DLS MW110, because I really like that sub for what I listen to (I.E. no rap or hip-hop). Depth is OK, but that volume is smaller than I have tried before, and I don't think it has tons of xmax. Also, they have replaced it with a new model I haven't tried. (I know they recommend ported for it, but it works well sealed with the right user).

But if it were for someone who was playing music I don't play... What is the depth of the new ID CTX? Not on their site...

·
Registered
334 Posts
CDT is supposed to have some good sq subs that wil lwork in tiny enclosures. Haven't tried them myself though, so no first hand experience.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone tried or have any thoughts about the Earthquake SWS-10.

Recommended box is .33 and 200watts RMS. this is perfect for what I have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts