DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

When I'm wiring a crossover out of an amp to my 2 way comps, I like to use different colored speaker wires just for quick ident purposes. I only had two different colored wires at the time,(one from the amp, and second to the tweeter) and didn't have the patience to go out and shop for a third section wire. Might not suit everyone, but I have been using wire cut from an old, basic 2 prong extension cord to connect my my midbass to the crossover. It's multi stranded, 100% copper, and seems to be at least 18awg. For low wattage and very short distance applications, I think if you have no more use for one, then go for it! I seriously doubt you'd hear a difference compared to anything specifically designated or priced for CAR AUDIO. Just thought I 'd share with everyone.

Take care and please remember to cough and sneeze into your elbows.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You won't hear a difference because there is no difference to be heard, lamp cord is a good, cheap option too.
Indeed. Good point gijoe. Speaking of which, I do have some trashy looking vintage lamps, that also have an inline on-off switch too, which might come in handy in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts