DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some pictures with thoughts and ideas on how to finish off the truck ceiling? I am deadening my trunk and want to create beauty board panel that will be seen. I play on adding some sound deadening foam and want to use the beauty board panel to "sandwich" the foam against the trunk roof. The metal is the back deck and since I am creating an infinite baffle I will need to seal the entire trunk from the cab and so this will aid in my efforts. Its the upper lip that seams to be the most difficult. I have thoughts but would love some advise from any of you that have done it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I've seen installs where they take a thin piece of plywood (1/4 or 3/8) and cut it to the shape of the inside of the trunk lid. Then they cut out letters from a piece of 3/4" to spell out the model of the car or the brand name of the audio equipment. They screw the letters to the board and then cover the whole thing w/ stretchy carpet so u can read the letters.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, I am not talking about the part of the truck that raises and looks at you when your truck is open but the top of the interior portion of the truck where the rear deck is. You won't see any of it unless you got down low and looked up but your will see the lip

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Don’t know about pictures but some attack that from the top and others rom the bottom. The problem you’ll have is stuff bolted to the rear deck where most of it is in the trunk like the middle seat belt retractor and upper car seat mounts. When you open it up, you’ll see where you could screw into the rear deck structure to place screws to mount a piece of plywood or aluminum. Since that will be a pretty wide, large board, make sure you mount it many places on the rear deck so you don’t have a large resonating panel. By securing it in the middle, you’re cutting down on the panel size resonance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a place to screw it in. The stock sub has the nut plates and there is also 2 nuts one on each side so I have a way to attach. I need a little guidance on the lip on how to create that so that it is a nice smooth transition from the upper lid deck

·
Registered
803 Posts
I removed the trunk lid, laid down a few layers of fiberglass, laid some 1/8" hardboard over that (to give it a smooth transition) and covered it in carpet. Looked factory and worked like a charm. It wasn't too heavy either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts