1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
27 Posts
Loved the presentation loved the car and loved the the components!Very thorough.That is a clean and beautiful installation and those Mosconi's are a beauty on that rack,not to mention they have a stable output,whatever you feed them.

Thanks for the vid!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes sir! Link in my signature, I'll have to go through and update some pictures though. I think some got moved in my online storage.

Thanks for the replys, I'm happy to have shared my install with everyone!

Thanks to bikibpunk, I'm now thinking of picking up the dayton omnimic lol!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Cool video, req. When you install your new equipment, are you putting the Vifas in the stock location as well?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will test them out in as many configurations as possible until they work the best for my car, that's the plan. I'm most likely going to be putting some 3 inch speakers in the kicks, but it's not set in stone.

One of my diyma teammates has a set of dayton mids I'm going to play with and hopefully I'll have my carpc ready to go in with my helix pdsp by the end of next month. I've run into a hiccup with some equipment and I waiting on parts still, so when it comes I'll update with some more videos :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice VW! Iike the way your subs are mounted in there. One of these days I'm going to get another Corrado and I think I will try something similar with the rear deck.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just remember, i used some serious brackets to hold that thing up there. the plastic panels were enough for a while, but they started to flex real bad.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Steppin Razor watch my style so dangerous....love that track.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol word..sublime is the bees knees :)

I don't know if you remember... But you sold me a bunch of install stuff a while back... I just wanna say thanks dude. It has all come in handy over the years! If I recall correctly, your registration card was stuck to the contents lol. Had to send it back your way.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Lol word..sublime is the bees knees :)

I don't know if you remember... But you sold me a bunch of install stuff a while back... I just wanna say thanks dude. It has all come in handy over the years! If I recall correctly, your registration card was stuck to the contents lol. Had to send it back your way.
I sold you some heatshrink I think. But I don't remember anything about a registration card. Glad to hear you are happy with it. Thanks for telling me about this place.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
What was the jam at the end of your first video? I heard it many times, but I could never remember what it was.

Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Steppin Razor watch my style so dangerous....love that track.
Song inspired my gaming/forum name which I have used for well over a decade.. :cool:

What was the jam at the end of your first video? I heard it many times, but I could never remember what it was.

Thanks.
That track is "Free loop Dub" from Robbin the Hood

Nice system req.. Enjoyed your vids

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Nicely done and thanks. I would like to do one as well. any tips of being able to recreate the natural sound of the car?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
honestly thats the hardest part.

in my opinion - having drivers as wide as possible but still remain on axis is a great thing if you can do it. to me - imagining is really important. a wide and high presentation with good stereo separation and center focus. depth to me isnt too important to me because it really takes critical listening to bring out those cues. while im driving i dont experience that very much - and this for me is my daily driver first and foremost. every time i hear midranges in the kicks it usually impresses me more than pillars and door builds of the same caliber when speaking about width. time alignment is a great boon to have. basically if you are serious about it - a powerful DSP is a GREAT help along with a real time analyzer. to get a baseline tune, the Harman Synthesis target curve is a good start.

your personal taste will really come to play when you are doing any of this though. the most important thing is this - if YOU like what you hear, then keep it up. most people like way more midbass\bass than the "sound quality purist" and thats totally OK.

the reason i went with a carPC is because i dont think there is anything out there on the market in the same price bracket and has all the same functionality. you name a single headunit that can post on this forum and has a wireless keyboard that also can be an RTA with a high quality outboard mic and interface with my DSP and software - then get back to me lol.

there is so much i could talk about - but really it comes to personal preference, time and budget. i dont really know how else to explain any hobby :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts