DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my parents bought me my first car semi-recently, and I want to upgrade the stereo system with the X amount of dollars I have saved up. I'm usually a DIY kinda guy, but when it comes to car audio systems... I have too many questions and I'm lost. I wanna start with buying an amplifier + subwoofers to give my stereo a thump. I listen to all types of music, but mostly dubstep and some R&B where the subs make all the difference.

For an enclosure, I found an ebay vendor who custom-makes an enclosure that fits my car like a glove, I am pretty set in stone on this enclosure. I feel like if I tried to fabricate my own enclosure with zero experience, it would not look as clean as this: On a final note, the vendor seems to be pretty flexible with sub size and amp racks and whatnot.

As for subwoofer + amp bundles, I'm looking for something that is a good deal (of course), with high sound quality and a low-mid range power. I'm not trying to have my neighbors run me out of the town, but I do want to be able to jam out lol. I've been looking at a few deals but the specifications just confuse the crap outta me, I've been to all the manufacturer websites trying to read up on these speakers. A friend told me that Kenwood brand are good for the type of listening I want, so I've been looking in the direction of something like this:

[KFC-W112S x2 + KAC-1502S Amplifier] = $110

or

[KFC-W3012 x2 + KAC-8105D Amplifier] = $180

As far as specs go, these set-ups look nearly identical to me. So lost :s

Can anyone recommend subwoofers/amps that compliment each other whilst pumping out high sound quality and mid-range power? I apologize for the wall of text but I'm trying to provide as much information as I possibly can.
I'm completely flexible on the subwoofers and amps, the only condition I have is that the technology is affordable.

Any help at all would be appreciated,

Sincerely,
Wannabe Informed Consumer

P.S. I had links for everything in brackets, but I can't post links until I have 5 posts? :sadface

·
Registered
82 Posts
I installed a pair of JBL 12's in my godchilds car and it was really loud.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I single 10 or 12 in a ported box works really good in a car like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts