DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Will be installed in an 08 F150 SuperCrew.

HU - Pioneer P4100DVD (14W RMS, 6-Channel Preamp Outputs) - $450
Front Speakers - CADENCE CWM6-KIT (100W RMS, 6.5 Component System) - $89
Sub - MB Quart RWE-252 (10", 300W RMS) - $79
Rear Speakers - Polk Audio DB571 (60W RMS) - $70
Amp - MB Quart PAB 5400 ([email protected] 4 Ohms : 55 W x 4 ch + 200 W x 1 ch) - $279
Sub Box - QLogic 10" Custom F150 Sub Box - $225

Total - under $1200

Am I on the right track?

What changes would you make that would leave the approx. total the same or lower?

·
Registered
322 Posts
for $1200 you can do better, also bear in mind that you will need money for install materials which will add up rather quickly. Also, spend more money towards front speakers, instead of else where.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the advice. Can you tell me how you would better spend the $1200 for the components I listed. I understand I will be spending more money on wires, sound deadening, etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would like a DVD HU to put in my DDin opening. Is there something I should consider besides the Pioneer unit?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think many here will tell you to drop the rear speakers unless you want to provide a great listening experience for backseat passengers. You can take that $70 and put it toward better fronts.

A half roll of raammat will also do wonders for the install, so budget in another $100 shipped for that and some ensolite.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You can choose any headunit that u like, i picked that one bc the ability to run an active setup, in case you want to do that down the road. What are you looking for in a hu? Also you dont need rear speakers, specially, in an F150. Spend as much time here so you can make more educated decisions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so Ill keep the stock rear speakers.

I want A HU that has the preamp outputs for running an amp or two. I want DVD. Do not want a Navi unit. Has to be DDin. Not sure what else to search for besides those basics.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Honestly, what you have is fine.

If you want to save some money, someone is selling a jvc dvd dd unit new in the for sale for about 250.

Let the rears be powered from the deck's rear speaker leads so you can still fade and bridge the MB quart amp for more power to the comps (or bi-amp).

I agree with spending more on nice comps and a search will reveal many options.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Do you just refuse gps or can go without it?

This is the best deal on the net

Combo: Eclipse AVN52D / AVN5510 + BT-E500 + iPC-106 (avn52d_bte500_ipc106) In-Dash Receivers with Bluetooth Hands-Free Kit Included In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

and if you run your rears off the radio leads, just get a 4 channel for the sub and components. And once again Id recommend the kenwood x4r so you get extra tuning, TA and EQ these types of recievers lack.

Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X4R (kacx4r) Multi-channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

Then your sub choice is no big deal but a good sub Id prefer would be the jbl gto, infinity perfect vq, or dayton HO or HF depending on airspace in your box.

I still dont get why you wanted a 2 channel amp.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess I am trying to figure out what exactly i DO want. I have a garmin and GPS in my Sprint Mogul phone. So I dont have to find a HU that has it also.

Dont know much about Eclipse units, so I have never looked into them as much. Is that really a great deal?

I have heard to just run the rear doors of the HU. Then I can use a 4-channel amp for the fronts and sub.

How is the MB Quart Sub I listed at the top?

·
Registered
48 Posts
MB Quart subs have never been recommended to me by anyone. Never headr anything bad or good about them, but they're just not popular I don't think.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I think you are good with the origional set-up.. but the other suggestions work as well.. it's up to you and your budget..

I don't doubt for a second you'd like what you hear with ANY of these set-ups...

Just to add now, look at Kicker wiring kits.. you get amazing wire for the money AND you can buy as complete of kit as you want to spend.. from amp only kits to ones with RCA's and speakers wire included as well.... great wire.. relitively cheap..

Also, there are a few recent and good F150 SC installs in here for you to look through.. 3

Sound deadening is also another consideration for you to be thinking about...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts