DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name Russ and I'm a college student at Texas A&M University. I've been working on cars since I was 12, but I've never done any audio work.

I have a blown tweeter in my SLK 350 and I'm getting ready to replace the pair of them. Is there anything I need to look out for in selecting replacement speakers? I've done a small amount of research and learned just enough to be dangerous.

At some point I'd like to upgrade my whole system, so with that in mind, can I buy speakers that exceed the limitations of my stock amp?

Please forgive me if I've got some of the terminology wrong; I'm still trying to learn all of the basics of car audio.

Also if anybody knows of any good guides to basic car audio that I can read online, links would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
My name Russ and I'm a college student at Texas A&M University. I've been working on cars since I was 12, but I've never done any audio work.

I have a blown tweeter in my SLK 350 and I'm getting ready to replace the pair of them. Is there anything I need to look out for in selecting replacement speakers? I've done a small amount of research and learned just enough to be dangerous.

At some point I'd like to upgrade my whole system, so with that in mind, can I buy speakers that exceed the limitations of my stock amp?

Please forgive me if I've got some of the terminology wrong; I'm still trying to learn all of the basics of car audio.

Also if anybody knows of any good guides to basic car audio that I can read online, links would be greatly appreciated.
Check the impedence of your stock tweeters ans make sure to match the impedence of the new tweeters. Also try to match the size so you don't have to do modifications. Check Madisound's site... they have a great selection of DIY tweeters that would fit the bill. Also look into Parts Express, they are another good source. good luck with your tweeter replacement.

·
Registered
118 Posts
"Also if anybody knows of any good guides to basic car audio that I can read online, links would be greatly appreciated. "

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-sq-forum-technical-advanced/94500-list-usefull-diyma-threads.html[/URL]

·
Registered
841 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts