DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... In the middle of my build. 2019 volkswagen jetta GLI S. Factory system no factory amp. Im running 3way active up front. My question is I have a full range signal from the deck but of course its no flat. Has a factory EQ. I understand the Audio Control Auto Eq but would I benefit from running the 86 before the DSP to flatten that incoming signal? I know on the processor the auto EQ is for the output. Is that the same thing? Please would love some input before I waste 400 for something I could do with the processor I already have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As I have understood - The problem with factory audio from VW is that as you change volume, the head unit applies eq to make the stock speakers sound better. You'll be fighting the head unit all the time.

The cleanest and easiest solution for vw is to use a navtv module and code your head unit to utilize the MOST150 out the back. That will completely flatten your signal across the range and give you a foundation to build from. Then you arent fighting the two units to correct your signal, and only putting flat signal into your audiocontrol dsp

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts