DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn!

So, I finally got this album yesterday... I've had it on play in every room in the house and on the iPod since. Recording sounds great in terms of production quality but the music is spot on with my tastes. I already know all the songs... Just never knew they were all on this album together because I never heard it before. Just know the songs from radio, tv, etc. Seriously, this album is awesome. I rarely get giddy about music ... Last one that I got psyched over was Tears For Fears' Songs From the Big Chair a year ago. Been a while since I've heard music that really made me excited. This album just reignited my passion for music.

Welcome to 30 years ago, I know. ;)
Good music stands the test of time.

FWIW, Colbie Caillat's dad is one of the producers of the album.

/rave of old album

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
Welcome to 1990

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
Figured u got the remastered version released around 1990

I assume you already have "The Dance" which is every SQ guys staple CD

·
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, no. I typically steer clear of anything remastered. Seems they sound worse than the original. Especially if it's been re released in the past 10 years or so.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I can't even come close to knocking Fleetwood Mac...

I'm going to see Journey, Foreigner, and Night Ranger in October.

I'm also on a funk kick right now.

I'll have to check out the FM album...I'm digging on The Chain...

·
Registered
189 Posts
The '77 vinyl pressing sounds awesome. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, I wandered into a yard sale and found a Greatest Hits album by some band called Collective Soul. I never heard of them but the lady said 2 bucks so I bought it. I'm thinking maybe there might be at least 1 song that was decent given it was a Best of collection. Man, there was a couple of cool songs on that disc including the first track which is my current Drive Fast song.

I like when stuff like that happens. Makes me forget about crossover slopes and dream instead of Rock Stardom...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Oh, no. I typically steer clear of anything remastered. Seems they sound worse than the original. Especially if it's been re released in the past 10 years or so.
So you got the CD from 1977? :D

·
Registered
4,807 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey Erin, check out "Business as Usual" by Men at Work from the early 80's. The "remastered" version is definitely better, but the original was a SQ reference back in the early days of CD, according to High Fidelity Magazine which I had a subscription at the age of 16! Recently repurchased the remastered CD and wow. Excellent midbass throughout, lots of midrange goodies and Colin Hayes has tremendous vocals. The last track "Down by the Sea," is a master piece.

·
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A couple of weeks ago, I wandered into a yard sale and found a Greatest Hits album by some band called Collective Soul. I never heard of them but the lady said 2 bucks so I bought it. I'm thinking maybe there might be at least 1 song that was decent given it was a Best of collection. Man, there was a couple of cool songs on that disc including the first track which is my current Drive Fast song.

I like when stuff like that happens. Makes me forget about crossover slopes and dream instead of Rock Stardom...
"The World I Know" is one of their hits. Great song. I listen to it pretty regularly.

Hey Erin, check out "Down Under" by Men at Work from the early 80's. The "remastered" version is definitely better, but the original was a SQ reference back in the early days of CD, according to High Fidelity Magazine which I had a subscription at the age of 16! Recently repurchased the remastered CD and wow. Excellent midbass throughout, lots of midrange goodies and Colin Hayes has tremendous vocals. The last track "Down by the Sea," is a master piece.
Oooooohhhhhh yeeeaaaaaahhhhhh....
If anyone knows me, they know I'm an 80s nut. I love that song!

Ever heard their song "overkill" off the Cargo album? It's worth checking out for sure.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Nothing can compare to music from the 50's,60's & 70's. You might include some of the 80's but thats when music as we know it died. Now every song thats gets release today sucks. The beats/instruments sucks the rythm sucks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ever heard their song "overkill" off the Cargo album? It's worth checking out for sure.
Just pulled it out for the first time in probably over ten years and giving it a listen. Wow I forgot how much I liked this song. Thanks! Oh and "It's a Mistake."

Chuck

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Nothing can compare to music from the 50's,60's & 70's. You might include some of the 80's but thats when music as we know it died. Now every song thats gets release today sucks. The beats/instruments sucks the rythm sucks.
Poor fellow... :(

So much you've missed...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts