DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im looking to get to a set of these Focal 165K2P's or 165K3P's and im still for an amp that will allow these to blow my mind or anybody that gets in the front seat of my car. Is is true these can handle 200-250rms per speaker? Im really just looking for feedback on these speakers and what you have used to power these focal's. I was thinking about getting a JL 600/4 and bridging into a 2 channel to give it 300rms per speaker, but im wondering is that too much power for them. Im truely looking to make an amazing sound stage up front and looking for a set of high end components that can handle a huge amount of clean power and sound amazing, so any advice would be great. Thanks Mark

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I like my kp/e (k2) mids. Running active, 63/12 - 2500/12, ~ 70-100 wrms of power.

"south yarmouth" - Cape Cod?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Im currently running the exact setup you talk of. I have the 600/4 bridged to 165K2p UV's passive. I set the gains to JL's recommend voltage. So yes they can take ~300w.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im currently running the exact setup you talk of. I have the 600/4 bridged to 165K2p UV's passive. I set the gains to JL's recommend voltage. So yes they can take ~300w.
Hey tvrift,

I am in Jacksonville too; I would be interested in hearing your setup. I am getting mine put in this weekend; maybe we could do a "sound-off" ;) Did you DIY, or did you get it done somewhere around here?

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I use a K3P set (see sig) and have pushed them to their limits (sound wise with tuning)...

... but I prefer my girlfriend's system:
ID Horns - DLS A2
ID X65 - SRx 2s
IDQv.3 12" - DLS A2 // sealed

More dynamic than the K3P set in my car --- WAY MORE. You should give horns a try... won't be disappointed (however you need to go active)

Hope that helps,
Kelvin

·
Registered
125 Posts
Be careful with the gain settings if you want to give them 300w rms!
The passives filters are great, so you can go passive and sound amazing with thiese speakers.
be sure to have good dampening doors!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I really liked the K2P setup I heard a few years ago. I can't compare to the 3-way, but it was one of the nicest sounding 2-way setups I had heard. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes I do I have two more sets left, NYCSURFER picked up a set from me, you can not beat them at my price, and they are in the middle of the K3P and Utopias, as close as you can get to Utopias.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I have an audison lrx 300.4 bi-mono bridged to two 6.5" K2P midbass which shoudl be about 210 w RMS per misbass. She rocks big time. Its time for me to use the sound deadening in the doors.

I am running the Hybrid Audio L1Pro tweeter with it (Two way set up). I have not yet completely tuned the system, but it is active with a Bit One SP.

Personally I love it. My best friend is now doing an install and he is trying to get me to sell the K2Ps to him and install my Legaita L6's, which are sitting in my house. I would do it, just to audition them, but they are too large for my OEM opening. But I can tell you the K2Ps sound so good, I am in no hurry to do custom door baffles for a larger driver.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts