DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at mids, and have found that I like the Focal Mids. This has led me to some investigations, and I have found that the Focal 6w mids are supposed to be pretty decent. I found some of the above model numbers on ebay, and was wondering if anyone knew much about them?

Npdang, I know you run (or used to ) some Focal W cones, albeit slightly different.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Matt

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Zalytron has them as well. I really love the sandwich cones that Focal puts out. The 6w version also has a better motor than previous Focals, but not quite class leading imo. I've heard a set in Dbiegel's car and they sound amazing. I considered them for my install but decided against it because they seem to lack shorting rings and required more airspace than my kicks allow for.

Npdang loves them, he has a few posts on them on this forum.

Looking at Zalytron the ones I was talking about are the 4311B from the current line. The ones you found are discontinued, not likely to be as good as the newer ones and then you gotta think if one goes out...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zalytron has them as well. I really love the sandwich cones that Focal puts out. The 6w version also has a better motor than previous Focals, but not quite class leading imo. I've heard a set in Dbiegel's car and they sound amazing. I considered them for my install but decided against it because they seem to lack shorting rings and required more airspace than my kicks allow for.

Npdang loves them, he has a few posts on them on this forum.

Looking at Zalytron the ones I was talking about are the 4311B from the current line. The ones you found are discontinued, not likely to be as good as the newer ones and then you gotta think if one goes out...

The time frame is what I was afraid of. I was having a hard time finding them anywhere. I have some listening on some polyglass's that were decent, I may go that route, or I am going to hear some Morel Elates later this week.

Thanks for the Zalytron heads up, ill check them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts