DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

FOCAL ACCESS 165AS 16.5cm 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers on EBay

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Rake 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Those are fakes.
If you search them on eBay, there is a handful of Chinese sellers who all list them for around $150.00
A genuine set typically sells for more than double that price.
And all these Chinese sellers use the exact same pictures on their listing.

As far as; 'how do they sound'... I hate to say it, but I bet they sound just as good as genuine.
They're a replica of the original. Probably built in the same factory as the original.

You bought fakes. But for $150.00 you won't likely find a better sounding speaker.

#5 ·
#8 ·
#10 ·
Chances are your CC provider saw you live in the USA and declined a charge made overseas, better to call your CC company directly first and explain what you are doing...

#11 ·
I did that. Called my bank and they know it's not a fraudulent purchase. It seems like it's something on the amazon.de website. The US Amazon said I would need to speak with them and they don't have support that speaks english! anyway I chatted with them where they do translate and they will look into my issue. I have contacted the dealer directly to see if I can just pay them and skip amazon. Does anyone see a problem with that in any way? I'm upgrading to the Focal 165FEs

#12 ·
I believe you can pay with PayPal here:

#13 ·
Thanks. I’ve been to that website and if Amazon can’t figure out the issue I’ll go directly to carfeature. As a side note I’ll still have to contact carfeature directly bcs when I tried to buy them using the PayPal on their website (same as you linked) it took me to PayPal but it didn’t link to the items I wanted to purchase like it normally does. So just a little bit more work to process the payment but I’ll get there. I’ll post up when I get it all figured out

#14 ·
You can check the serial #"s on focals web site for knock offs.

#15 ·

#16 ·
As promised I'm updating about my order. It came perfect from Germany, sold by Car-Media Store not Car feature (I couldn't get it shipped from them using Amazon). Somehow, the payment ended up going thru a couple days later, as I was trying to buy direct from car feature, so I'm glad I hadn't gotten that far or I'd have two sets. I paid for faster shipping and they got here in a week which is just amazing. I checked the serial number on focal's website and they are legit. Can't wait to get them installed. I ended up purchasing PS165FE

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.