DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had a focal fop 4100 amp installed. quite happy with it. pretty big improvement from the db drive okur amp it replaced.

it was tuned by ear by my installer... and then i tweaked it a bit further. problem is... the crossover dial just has 50hz on one end (left most), and 150hz on the other end (right most).

now I'm curious to find out where the starting point of 80hz as a crossover setting really is on the dial.

im not even sure if 100hz is straight up the middle. i now have my crossover set a little left of the middle.

is there an easy way to determine if the middle is really 100hz, and where 80hz is so i know where i am when i get around to playing with it some more? i wanna learn more... and knowing where my settings are would be a lot helpful.

i don't have any fancy tools like an RTA. i have test tones though. and a decibel meter app on my android phone (not sure how accurate though).

any ideas? manual doesn't give specific frequency points. the crossover dial clicks though when you turn it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
well the crossover is like a slope so I don't think it matters that much. I believe it just makes the higher frequencies quieter so 80 or 100hz would'nt matter too much i think

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the crossover is like a slope so I don't think it matters that much. I believe it just makes the higher frequencies quieter so 80 or 100hz would'nt matter too much i think
it may not matter much but i just wanna know where i have it set now. just so i know where i am on my tuning attempts.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone? how do i find the closest setting to 80hz on the crossover dial with no marks with an 80hz test tone? do i play it and look for the loudest setting from low pass going up?

any other easy way to do it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts