DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see that this had been posted. Zalytron has the JM Labs 6VE3251B (I'm assuming it's the drivers from Focal's Polyglass line--same company and the drivers look identical from the pics) 8-ohm six inch drivers on sale along with a 10" Focal sub w/box.

JM Labs 6" Polyglass=$90 for a set of 6

10" Sub w/Box=$65

Zalytron

The deal on mids is about 2/3 the way down the home page. The sub can be found if you click the "Car Audio" link on the top left hand side of the page. If anyone needs a nice sub at a rock bottom price, jump on that.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Any idea what sub that is? or the specs of the empty boxes?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Give Elliott at Zalytron a call.... once you get past the outer layer, he's a really good guy :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I just picked up that 10" Focal sub with the ported enclosure for $65 + $20 shipping. It's going out today. Elliot said this was the only one he had and also said that all of the 10" boxes on that particular page are sold. Had not heard of Zalytron before but they have some really good high end driver deals.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it's gone anyways, but I couldn't tell you one way or the other.

Thanks for the heads up! I just picked up that 10" Focal sub with the ported enclosure for $65 + $20 shipping. It's going out today. Elliot said this was the only one he had and also said that all of the 10" boxes on that particular page are sold. Had not heard of Zalytron before but they have some really good high end driver deals.
No worries. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How do you order?
I called Elliot @ (516) 747-3515 to get more info and to get a shipping quote. You can also email [email protected].

You may pick up locally if you are in the area - 469 JERICHO TURNPIKE, MINEOLA, NY 11501.

The phone transaction I had with him was personable and efficient but I did not spend a lot of time asking about Zalytron's other impressive sales offerings. He had to find his brother for a shipping quote but called back in a couple of minutes. The quoted UPS shipping for a box of that size was about right and without any markup for "handling." He said it would go out today, which confirms their web site info that they ship same day the order is placed.

Elliot did not know the exact model of the 10" Focal subwoofer in the box that I bought but was pretty sure it was one of the Polyglass offerings. At the price point I didn't think I would go wrong with this deal.

This was my first purchase from them but after spending more time on the Zalytron web site I will definitely check them out for home audio builds if I ever try that kind of project.

They sell Orca Design, Dillon, Murphy and D'Appolito designed 1.5" MDF speaker boxes for the drivers that they sell and the kits range from very good budget deals to audiophile offerings.

One last point based on what I have read in posts here and elsewhere about this company - some have complained that you might call and talk to someone who don't have the "friendliest" manner on the phone (likely Elliot's brother? Who actually picked up the phone first and then passed me on to Elliot when I asked about the subwoofer box.) If you are from a place like Boston or NY you will not be put off. If you are from some place where the style is smoother or chatty, then you might feel they are not. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I ordered a case of the 6.5's for $90 plus $20 shipping. Seems like a deal. Dang the DIYMA Deals section. I have no pending use for these, but....

·
Registered
615 Posts
I ordered a case of the 6.5's for $90 plus $20 shipping. Seems like a deal. Dang the DIYMA Deals section. I have no pending use for these, but....
Send them out for xmas presents. Need my address? :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
How about sending one in for Klippel testing and perhaps sell some of the others (here on DIYMA of course). They might be the next forum budget boners.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Send them out for xmas presents. Need my address? :D
How about sending one in for Klippel testing and perhaps sell some of the others (here on DIYMA of course). They might be the next forum budget boners.

Well I knew I'd figure something out for them. 1 pair to my brother to replace his failing door mids. the other 2 pair will go in M-T-M arangements with TB Ceramics on some 2-way plate amps I bought for $10/each!!!!

That's some cheap actives!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got the Focal sub box delivered this morning so UPS Ground was good for an overnight.

As best as I can figure without taking the box apart it is a brand new Focal CPC-27 (27cm.) I don't think it is/was ever sold in the US but it has a suggested retail price in the UK of £199.99 ($320) with a current street price of £129.99 ($200). I think the actual sub is a Focal Polyflex 27H, which some here might be familiar with.

If I am right about the installed sub, the specs are:

11 inch Focal Subwoofer: Polyflex 27 H Subwoofer for bass-reflex enclosure
Woofer 27 H 270mm (11 in.) subwoofer, 50mm (2 in.) v.coil, 156mm (6 in.) magnet
Max. power handling 400W Nom. power handling 200W
Sensitivity (2.8 V / 1m) 94 dB
Frequency response 35 Hz * - 1,5 kHz * Depend on load
Fs 46,6 Hz
Re 3,1 ohms
Qes 0,53
Qms 8,47
Qts 0,50
Dia 21 cm
Mms 64,7 g
Lvc 0,7 mH
Hbob 20 mm
Hgap 8 mm
Xmax 6 mm
Sd 346,4 cm2
Vas 30,4 l BL 10,5 N/A
Folding diameter 233 mm
Mounting depth 117,5 mm
Bass-reflex enclosure (l.) 25 - 40 litres

As I am aiming for a budget install this seems like a pretty good entry level subwoofer. High sensitivity so I can get by with a low watt amp, the enclosure box is very solid and has very low resonance (shipping weight was 30 lbs!), brand new Focal - not bad for $85 delivered.

Last item on my shopping list is a good Class D amp. Anyone have an Eclipse XA1200 amp they want to get rid of? :laugh:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As I am aiming for a budget install this seems like a pretty good entry level subwoofer. High sensitivity so I can get by with a low watt amp, the enclosure box is very solid and has very low resonance (shipping weight was 30 lbs!), brand new Focal - not bad for $85 delivered.

Last item on my shopping list is a good Class D amp. Anyone have an Eclipse XA1200 amp they want to get rid of? :laugh:
If that Eclipse amp doesn't work out for you, the Vibe Audio Litebox 2-channel (same amp as Arc Mini) can be had for dirt cheap brand new.

VIBE Audio LiteBox Stereo 2 (LiteBox2) 2-Channel Amplifier

Either way, let us know how it all works out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If that Eclipse amp doesn't work out for you, the Vibe Audio Litebox 2-channel (same amp as Arc Mini) can be had for dirt cheap brand new.

Either way, let us know how it all works out.
Thanks for that recommendation.

I was on the verge of picking up one of the Krypt G/H mono amps that are now being cleared out on Ebay after I saw that deal come up here in another thread a couple of weeks back.

However, this weekend I found the Eclipse XA1200 sub amp locally in like-new condition for $75. That was the last component piece for my build.

Spent this evening ordering a dual 4AWG amp kit, 6-channel interconnects and some speaker spacers, so I should be ready to go for the install after Thanksgiving.

Most everything I wound up buying was after hours and hours of reading the comments posted on DIYMA - I am really appreciative of everyone's reviews and recommendations.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I receieved these a few days ago and just opened the package. They look great, but unfortunately a little too deep for the project I was planning on using them in. All 3 pair are for sale. Not looking to profit, just recoupe $$. Shoot me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like another hot front page deal on Focal speakers at Zalytron -

The Polyglass Kit - $265.00
"The woofer in this kit is originally from the 165VR3 3-way kit. It has more Xmax than the standard 165VRS 2-way kit. The tweeter is the Focal classic TN-46. The MSRP for the 165VRS system is $649.00, with the upgraded woofer and matching crossover this ensemble without a doubt have demanded a higher MSRP."

The Access Kit - $159.00
"This is another custom kit put together for us by Focal America. The woofer is from the 165A3 3-way system. It too offers more Xmax than the normal 165A1 2-way system. The tweeter is the wonderful TN-44. The MSRP on the 165A1 is $299.00. Our kit with a higher output midbass driver and matching crossover is only $159.00.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts