DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Focal 165KRX3 - FOCAL 6.5

Not sure if craigslist is allowed here, but this is where I currently have these listed. They have all been used about 2 months in my Porsche, just recently uninstalled because Im selling the Porsche.

The speakers are going for 900.

The JL Audio 900.5, I don't know, make me an offer.

The Alpine INA W900, make me an offer.

I also have the alpine imprint module, Navigation unit, and sirius satellite radio modules with adapters for the Alpine Nav/radio unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
would you be interested in selling the 3way crossover with the 3in mid driver ? for cash with a krx2 cross over that way you could sell it as a 2 way? just throwing it out there

·
Registered
378 Posts
would you be interested in selling the 3way crossover with the 3in mid driver ? for cash with a krx2 cross over that way you could sell it as a 2 way? just throwing it out there
The midbass driver that comes with the KRX3 would not be suitable for a 2 way setup, it was designed to be used as a dedicated midbass in a 3 way setup

·
Registered
9 Posts
the 6.5 mid bass driver is just a K2 composite sandwich cone just like the one from a 165 kr component set the cross over is what changes the tuning on it you put a 2 way crossover you now have the tuning specs of a 2 way a mid bass driver is just a mid bass driver until you add a different cross over to tell it to play different having the 2way cross over would work perfect

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
the 6.5 mid bass driver is just a K2 composite sandwich cone just like the one from a 165 kr component set the cross over is what changes the tuning on it you put a 2 way crossover you now have the tuning specs of a 2 way a mid bass driver is just a mid bass driver until you add a different cross over to tell it to play different having the 2way cross over would work perfect
Uhhh...no. You sound like you know what you're talking about but ya don't.

KRX3

KRX2

Get it now?
Same frame...different everything else.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Actually it's the same basket, magnet and cone material. However the driver from the 2way set has a phase plug instead of a dust cap and also has different T/S parameters. It can play higher too, but probably outputs less bass at the same time.

In any case, the midbass from the KRX3 set cannot be used as a midbass/mid unit in a 2way set. The opposite can be done, though not ideal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts