DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought these off eBay, I've now read about issues people have with fakes. If anyone has a keen eye or would be able to tell from the serial the seller gave me I'll post that! Here are the pictures from the listing.

Would have preferred to buy a set of components from these forums, but shipping to good old Australia seems to be out of the question sometimes!

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
ask a focal dealer or contact focal directly to verify the serial number....occurrences like this can be prevented if you you just bought them authorized

·
Registered
220 Posts
im grabbing a pretty much brand new Real pair off my friend hopefully over the weekend. ill compare them to your pictures. i know my friends pair is real because i ordered them off crutchfield and installed them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I spoke with Focal yesterday on this topic - there have been no fake examples of the V30 thus far that they are aware of.

Check to see if the serial numbers on the top of the baskets match each other (should be laser engraved)...and those should match the "credit" card that comes in the kit.

You can also call Focal with the serial number from the set you are interested in, and they will verify authenticity - or - as stated above, buy from an authorized dealer.

See if Crutchfield will ship to Australia...they are on sale right now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Also - foil sticker on box has S/N which matches woofers and "credit card".

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi i saw your post about buyin the focal 165 v30 off of ebay and i saw the same pair with the same piocture for 199 + 80 shipping and wanted to know if you found out if they were real, and have installed them yet..
because in the pictures i cant tell if the front grill says focal and if the number match from the card, or if the back of the speaker is real either

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
hi i saw your post about buyin the focal 165 v30 off of ebay and i saw the same pair with the same piocture for 199 + 80 shipping and wanted to know if you found out if they were real, and have installed them yet..
because in the pictures i cant tell if the front grill says focal and if the number match from the card, or if the back of the speaker is real either
keep in mind the shipping costs, risk of being fake, shipping from a foreign company especially with only a feedback score of 33....take a risk but be prepared

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
That's only 20 bucks cheaper than Crutchfield's 'secret' Christmass sale. If you are not super desperate right now, keep your eyes on the hot deals thread. This speaker or something comparable could be on a very good sale eventually.

·
Registered
24 Posts
pacific stereo has the 165vr on sale for $319.00. They are an authorized dealer. I ordered mine and they sent me the 165v30. Even if a person doesn't get the 165v30 its still a great buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow 320 for some v30 wold be amazing if they would send me that for a vr , do you know if anyone else has had the same happen to them?? because another seller that is legit has the 165vb for 205 which wouldnt be to bad but i dont know how superior the sound quality would be between the two

·
Registered
24 Posts
wow 320 for some v30 wold be amazing if they would send me that for a vr , do you know if anyone else has had the same happen to them?? because another seller that is legit has the 165vb for 205 which wouldnt be to bad but i dont know how superior the sound quality would be between the two
I posted my good luck in the crutchfield post and have not heard about this happening to anyone else. When i bought mine i had an xmas code i used price was $271 shipped.

·
Registered
806 Posts
205 for the 165VB is a great deal-

I have these in my rear doors and the V30's in my front doors.
As hard as I try, I cannot convince myself that the 165 VBs don't sound better than the V30's, I really think they do.

Key for me was the position of the tweeters- I strongly recommend that you mount them close to the woofer.

I have my tweeters 8 inches from the center of each woofer, aimed directly in parallel with the woofer axis, flush mounted.

Very nice speakers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts