DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Torn between the two. I've listened to both on display at car toys. I will be running them active with a JL xd600/6 and an audiocontrol dm-608. Are the kx2 REALLY worth the extra cost? I dont mind spending the money if so. I really like the sound of both. I listen to a variety of different music. The goal here is to have clean crisp sound at low and high volumes. Help me decide here. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi friend. Have you looked at the updated ps165fx? The tweeter has a lower FS than the OG.
The KX2 is a 2 ohm set intended for high output, where as the flax series were designed to reduce cost by using local, renewable, materials. They are different beasts.
Ps. Check prices to import from Australia, you might be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have decided on the ps165fxe. Question: these will only see 75w at 4ohm with the 600/6v2 but can bridge the amp and they will see 200w. The165fxe is rated at 160w max. Tuned properly, will this be a big issue?

I've searched and searched. Sorry if this is a newbie question.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You have plenty of power for them, especially if (as) the mids are in the door. Audition tweeter locations- use the included mounts and some double sided tape and play around with a simple rta and your ears before you lock them in. People love to say focal tweeters are bright but i have the mg alloy with poron suspension on axis and they are the most linear driver in my 3 way.
Im sure you will like your set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have plenty of power for them, especially if (as) the mids are in the door. Audition tweeter locations- use the included mounts and some double sided tape and play around with a simple rta and your ears before you lock them in. People love to say focal tweeters are bright but i have the mg alloy with poron suspension on axis and they are the most linear driver in my 3 way.
Im sure you will like your set up.
Tweeters will be going in the factory location on the pillars. I tend to like a "brighter" sounding tweeter anyways. The plan is put some 3" drivers molded into the a-pillars at some point in the not too distant future after talking with the focal rep the dealer can order just the 3" by themselves. At that point, the tweeter location will be changed to better suit my needs. Thanks for your imput!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts