DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm changing my OEM speakers with the focal components. Yesterday i went to the car shop, he said u should go for :-
FOCAL:-
P165V30 for front
PC165 for rear
FPP4100 amplifier

My question is that isn't V30 old ? I mean now the best is i guess PS165FX. Shouldn't i go for FX ??

Or should i go for any other setup of Focal/Rainbow ?
I'm also thinking of getting under seat enclosure. Is soundstream good for that ?

PS:- i'm a newbie please help.

·
Registered
889 Posts
There is certainly better out there. Firstly what is your budget for a 2 way component set and a highs amp? Then I can give u some options to look at, if u have a local shop, go and have a listen to some different components and c what u like., I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my preference is sound quality>budget

There is certainly better out there. Firstly what is your budget for a 2 way component set and a highs amp? Then I can give u some options to look at, if u have a local shop, go and have a listen to some different components and c what u like., I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Still what is your rough budget. Otherwise u can spend up to around 2k for a set if high end hybrids or something. I'd recommend, hertz high energy, focal, hybrid audio (if u want to spend 1k > and the morel comps are nice. Also think about sound deadening your front doors also to help with the mids bass etc. what size can u fit 5 1/4 , 6 1/2?? What car do u have

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my budget is around 1k...

Still what is your rough budget. Otherwise u can spend up to around 2k for a set if high end hybrids or something. I'd recommend, hertz high energy, focal, hybrid audio (if u want to spend 1k > and the morel comps are nice. Also think about sound deadening your front doors also to help with the mids bass etc. what size can u fit 5 1/4 , 6 1/2?? What car do u have

·
Registered
158 Posts
165fx looks nice. This flax line has replaced the polyglass line. P165v30 is different from old v30

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
so which one sounds best of all under 1k-1.2k usd??
Is that budget only for comps? If yes than you should look at krx2's. Also look at fps amps. They are damn good. What are your plans for sound deadening etc, and why not a regular sub instead of underseats

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes that's only for comps... i'll use dampmats on the doors ... i'm asking for underseat in order to save space, as mostly i have lots of luggage when i go anywhere. So the boot is fully loaded .. and if i use regular sub then i wont be able to put luggage....i'll use focal wires/hilo etc....

So does this setup still lacks anything for an audiophile??
if yes, then please advise some damn good setup that can be from focal/audison/hertz/rainbow/dls/ground zero/blaupunkt etc...

and i have heart that audson amps are best .. are they better than the fps ??

Is that budget only for comps? If yes than you should look at krx2's. Also look at fps amps. They are damn good. What are your plans for sound deadening etc, and why not a regular sub instead of underseats

·
Registered
254 Posts
Greetings!

The Flax line of speakers is a major improvement over the polyglass cones. Focal spent over 5 years researching a replacement for poly glass and came up with the Flax cone.

The goal of the engineers was to try and get as close to the stiffness and light weight of the Kevlar cones at a more affordable price. The result is Flax.

In many respects, the Flax cones are very close in terms of high frequency response as the Kevlar cones and the damping is almost the same. The process of manufacturing the cones is almost the same as Kevlar and the W sandwich cones in the Utopia line!

The design isn't just about a new cone material. It's a new design in every respect. From the voice coil design to the design of the frame, everything is new and improved. The TNF tweeter is an improved TNB design. The engineers took the Poron suspension from the TBe tweeter and added it to the TNB tweeter. The result was to lower the ringing and distortion by 50% in the critical 2k to 3k range. The result is a very smooth and detailed tweeter. In fact, the new designed tweeter is also being used in the new home cabinets as well.

In the case of 165FX you will find that the crossover has been designed to be able to Bi-amp the speaker system through the passive network. The 165FX3 three way system that will be launched in January is an outstanding system that, for the money, will be hard to beat in SQ!

There are 4 speaker kits that will be available in January. The 165 FX3, the 165FX, the 165F and the 130F. Pricing will be from $499.00 to $899.00. In the case of the 165FX, it has already won the prestigious European Imaging and Staging Association,(EISA), for best speaker system in car for 2013-2014. Thus was won after only being launched in Europe for 30 days! Quite the accomplishment!

Nick Wingate
National Training Coordinator
Focal America

·
Registered
17 Posts
Greetings!

The Flax line of speakers is a major improvement over the polyglass cones. Focal spent over 5 years researching a replacement for poly glass and came up with the Flax cone.

The goal of the engineers was to try and get as close to the stiffness and light weight of the Kevlar cones at a more affordable price. The result is Flax.

In many respects, the Flax cones are very close in terms of high frequency response as the Kevlar cones and the damping is almost the same. The process of manufacturing the cones is almost the same as Kevlar and the W sandwich cones in the Utopia line!

The design isn't just about a new cone material. It's a new design in every respect. From the voice coil design to the design of the frame, everything is new and improved. The TNF tweeter is an improved TNB design. The engineers took the Poron suspension from the TBe tweeter and added it to the TNB tweeter. The result was to lower the ringing and distortion by 50% in the critical 2k to 3k range. The result is a very smooth and detailed tweeter. In fact, the new designed tweeter is also being used in the new home cabinets as well.

In the case of 165FX you will find that the crossover has been designed to be able to Bi-amp the speaker system through the passive network. The 165FX3 three way system that will be launched in January is an outstanding system that, for the money, will be hard to beat in SQ!

There are 4 speaker kits that will be available in January. The 165 FX3, the 165FX, the 165F and the 130F. Pricing will be from $499.00 to $899.00. In the case of the 165FX, it has already won the prestigious European Imaging and Staging Association,(EISA), for best speaker system in car for 2013-2014. Thus was won after only being launched in Europe for 30 days! Quite the accomplishment!

Nick Wingate
National Training Coordinator
Focal America
Thanks Nick- these could be my next purchase...can you reco a retailer in Texas...preferably Houston, please?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Greetings again!

Houston Car Stereo is an authorized retailer as are all of the Car Toys. In fact, I'm pretty sure they have the entire Flax line in stock now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts