DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all

I have a pair of Tbe tweeters for my car, one if them has 2 very small indents around the bowl of the tweeter. They're sort of based on the black surround but are definitely noticeable, even though slight, on the beryllium lip. There is no alteration or damage to the bowl of the tweeter at all. Will I hear a difference in sound from these small dents around the edge?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've had experience with those tweeters. I wouldn't worry too much about the sound quality as long as the voice coil isn't rubbing on anything inside. Listen to the damaged tweeter with low-level test tones starting at 2kHz. Low volumes only, with the tweeter near your ear. Then slowly go up to 20kHz. If you hear any rubbing, distortion or anything out of the ordinary, it may be damaged. But if it sounds ok (compare it with that good tweeter) then you're in the clear.

My own TBe has a tiny hole right smack dab in the center. Lived with it for several months. No complaints on the sound quality. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, it all goes in in 9 days and counting, I think it'll be fine! Anyone else want to comment?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts